1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused... What if i am wrong aboutmy bisexuality?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by grungeteen, Jul 27, 2015.

1. grungeteen

So I have just recently come out as bi to myself, friends and one of my parents but the reason I'm scared of coming out to everyone is that I am really worried that I am wrong and that everyone is right in that it is just a phase or that I only think I li ke girls and don't really? What if I AM wrong?

2. castheking

Well, a lot of people don't understand that it's okay to change your label to fit your preferences. And phases aren't necessarily bad things, it's okay. If it turns out you don't like girls, then that's it. You don't like girls. You're not bisexual. Some people might annoy you about "going through a phase" or "lying about your sexuality" or whatever, but the only thing that matters is the label you're comfortable with. But if you want to avoid that, you could always just come out as "questioning" if you wanted to.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well who cares. Even if you're bi or gay, you still like girls right? Either label does not invalidate your attractions either way, they're still there.

4. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh my God thats exactly the reason why I'm questioning too (and why I'm scared of coming out)!

5. Randomcloud

Yeah, it's hard because people are always judging and assuming that if you aren't 100% sure about your sexuality, you're going through a "phase". Quite annoying, really. But it's totally normal to identify with one sexuality and then later realize it was inaccurate and change that 'label'. Identity is not black and white so try not to stress about it because a lot of people are still discovering who they are in their teens all the way into their 50-60s! And remember sexuality is a spectrum and while some people sit at the extreme ends (hetero/homosexual) many people are chilling around somewhere in the middle