1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Do I Learn To Go With The Flow?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Jul 28, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Even though it has been almost a year of questioning my sexuality(Female 21) I am at a point when it is all I think about now everytime I would see someone attractive and it didn't matter if it was a male or a female.

I know for a fact that I shouldn't be stressing and just go with the flow of things and let it come naturally like it should. However, I just have no idea now. With all of this questioning going on and on in my head I just don't know how to just let it go with the flow.

It is to the point now then even when I do see an attractive male or female I don't get these butterflies or a chill that used to run in my arms or whatever when that happens now. Now I just be like hmm, they are alright looking. Like, what the heck does that mean? Did I lose attraction now?! Does this often happen when someone is questioning his or her sexuality?

I just want my questioning to be done and over with now. I just want it go with the flow of things but I have no idea on how to do that. I tried doing it at least a couple of times, telling myself to go with the flow of things and sometimes it does work but only for a day and then like the next day my questioning comes back. How do I really just go with the flow of things so that I can finally stop stressing myself of my sexuality?

I truly need advice on this guys its killing me on the inside :help::help:

2. grungeteen

I'm not an expert but I understand in that I am questioning my sexuality a lot too. Although you may feel really messed up and confused and letting yourself 'go with the flow' may seem really hard but just know that it will come eventually- try and distract yourself with other things to keep your mind from stressing about this or maybe you should talk to someone close to you that you trust about this so you can get it off your chest- that usually makes me feel better when I am stressed about something :slight_smile:. It will take time to figure yourself out and find who you are so don't worry too much about it :slight_smile:
    Maybe you are asexual in that you don't really experience sexual attraction? Or maybe you just haven't seen the right person? Just know you are not alone :slight_smile: and ther will be always people there for you :slight_smile:

3. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the biggest part, is realizing that there is no need for you to come to any conclusions about your sexuality. Even if you want to, you don't have to figure it out right now.

Oftentimes, our sexualities don't fit into the tidy little labels like homosexual or heterosexual, and that's perfectly okay. Just like who you like :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And if you see some common trends in the future, then you can make your decisions then. There's no shame in not knowing exactly where you lie in terms of attraction.

Also stress leads to low sex drive, so you're not doing yourself any favours by getting all worked up about it :grin: