1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I find it so easy to think of men in a romantic relationship but not sexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by still ill, Jul 28, 2015.

1. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm an 18 year olf girl who has always found women to be attractive sexually but for some reason when it comes to thinking up an image in my mind I find it so much easier to think of being with a man (for example: holding his hand, kissing, hanging out, etc.) I do see women in a romantic relationship also but I find that my first initial thought is always me and a boyfriend. Do you think this is because of the hetero-normative society we live? I'm so confused because when I finally do think about being in a romantic relationship with a girl I feel so emotional and happy but somehow men keep getting into the equation... :/Its taken me so long to get over the fact that I like women but now I feel as if my homosexuality is being taken away from me and I'm just lost.

2. seeking

Re: Why do I find it so easy to think of men in a romantic relationship but not sexua

I personally feel romantic relationships (no sex) are very close to friendships.

The only different between romantic relationship (no sex) and friendships are that you don't usually kiss your friends, cuddle and maybe not even hold hands.

It could be hetero-normative society or you could just not be ready for a sexual relationship with a man or even anyone.

I love having guy friends and hanging with guys and joking with them... but anything beyond that (kissing, cuddling, or more) it becomes odd. You might be the same accepting who you are, but also trying to figure out emotional lines like why do i still want an emotional relationship with a man? Friendships are emotional relationships... it's just seems odd when it's with a guy and you are still trying to figure out your sexuality while still trying to keep an emotional relationship with a guy.

Only want Emotional relationship = Friendship

Only want sexual relationship = one night stand (lol)

Want emotional relationship and sex = relationship (unless you just don't want sex with anybody)

Just my opinion.