1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I am SO confused...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by akarn7, Jul 28, 2015.

1. akarn7

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I already posted this yesterday but didn't get a ton of replies so I'm trying again. :grin:

Here's the original:
    "Okay, I know there's a lot of threads on this, but every story is at least a little bit different, so here's mine.

I thought I was gay for a long time. But also for a long time, I sometimes just want to feel
    "normal" (even though I know that homosexuality is perfectly normal), and I find myself looking at boys. I know for a fact I would NEVER want to have sex with them (I get completely turned off by that fact), but I still am the kind of person that if someone gives me attention, I get excited. So, I could see myself having fun with a guy and getting butterflies and excitement, but never sleeping with them, having sex, or doing anything romantic other than flirting and small kissing. But I still find them hot, and I still get butterflies at my favorite guy celebrities, but I'm not SEXUALLY attracted to them. Just attracted to them. But girls, I am both attracted and sexually attracted to. And I know the definition of homosexuality is being sexually attracted to your sex and not the other. So I have no idea... am I bi or gay? And please no "don't worry about labels" responses because I'm the paranoid kind of person who has to have a label or else I don't feel good about myself lol!"

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey akarn7,

If we are to talk about labels, peraphs Biromantic Homosexual fits you? That would be a person that is able to have romantic experiences with both men and women, but are only sexually attracted to the same sex.

Or i missed something?

Hugs

3. oursecret

Out Status:
    A few people
    i wish i could give better advice on this, because it's my exact situation. i like getting attention from guys, i like the way they look, and i've even had crushes on guys, but long term it just wouldn't be the same for me as it would with a girl. i also feel compelled to label myself. i think it depends on who you think you could really be completely present with in a relationship. if you don't think you would be completely satisfied in a relationship with a guy, then don't feel like you have to be in one. you can label yourself as gay if you feel comfortable with it, and if you change your mind down the road you can also change your label. hope this helped

4. w0nder

Out Status:
    Some people
    OK wow, halfway through I thought 'did I write this'? I'm literally in the same boat as you. I'm struggling to figure out what I am as well but I'm still not there. I wish I knew the answer. But hey, there's no need to rush.. we will figure it out in time :slight_smile:

5. scouse

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You say you don't see yourself being romantic or sexual with guy, but you do with a girl. I'd say that makes you prettyyyyy gay :icon_wink Not really sure how bisexuality would fit into that, if I'm honest.

6. Oh Lilac

I'm the same way, too. :slight_smile:

7. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

Oh my god, this thread describes EXACTLY how I feel! I had the same doubts as you and this is what made me question my sexuality for over six months. It took me so long because, whenever I was sure I was gay, a guy started flirting with me, and I liked it. That got me extremely confused, but in the end I realized that the only thing I liked about him was the attention he would give me.
    If you only like the attention but you don't wanna get romantically or sexually involved with a guy, I think you're gay.