1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

advice about labels?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by oursecret, Jul 29, 2015.

1. oursecret

Out Status:
    A few people
    (i posted this in coming out advice but i think this category is more relevant)

i'm 16, female, and i have known for years that i for sure like girls. for those past few years, i've been going back and forth on whether or not i like guys. there have been a couple guys that i've had feelings for, even loved, but in general i'm not really into guys. i feel, however, that if i was to meet a certain guy, under the right circumstances, that i could be with that guy. i'd say i'm like 90% girls and 10% guys, and i can't decide on a label. i'd like to find a label because i think it would make me feel more confident. i know i don't need one, but if anyone has any thoughts on this and the difference between bisexual with a preference and gay with exceptions just let me know. thanks :slight_smile:

2. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ever heard of homoflexible? It means that you're mostly gay but make a few exceptions.
    If you don't wanna use that, you could say mostly lesbian or bisexual with a strong female preference.

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    ^ Homoflexible/Mostly Gay works for me. Or you could use the Kinsey Scale for your own convenience: I'm a 4/5.

4. ilovesg

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I think it depends if you could actually see yourself with a guy at some point. If you can, then I would say bisexual with a strong preference for girls. If you can't see yourself with a guy seriously, then maybe it would be easier to just say lesbian. It is really up to you. If you want to keep it simple, you could just say bisexual.