1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does it mean to only like females, but need to bond with them?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by queenofcows, Jul 30, 2015.

1. queenofcows

So I've already come out as a lesbian. I know I like girls only but I also noticed for me to truly fall in love with someone I need to get to know them really well and trust them first. I can experience romantic attraction when I first start getting to know someone but I'm not sexually attracted to them until I know them well. I have been studying demisexual and it kind of explains me but I only date girls so I don't know what it would be called. ;-; I really would like some kind of name for it because I find it easier to explain to someone that I need time to develop a relationship with them.

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've heard lots of people just call themselves demisexual lesbians.

3. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    As baconpox^ said, demisexual lesbian is the one that seems most accurate in your case.

But also remember that if you use that label IRL people won't understand what you mean - if IRL you're discussing with someone maybe you would prefer saying "I'm a lesbian but I'm not sexually attracted to someone before I get to know her."
    Or you can use the full label and just explain what is means. Whatever fits best for you. :slight_smile:

I can also add that there are a lot of people in the LGBT+ community who don't like the label demisexual or get angry and even offensive when they hear demisexual or other newer labels.
    Please don't be offended if someone does.

hope that helps!

hugs

4. queenofcows

Thank you everyone! and I won't :slight_smile: