1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can you be wrong?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Apollonia, Aug 1, 2015.

1. Apollonia

There are clearly lot of people who have thought they are straight but later identified as not. However, as someone who is just recently starting to come to fully in terms with not being straight, I am sometimes worried that I have invented the whole thing and am turning my life upside down for no reason.

I don't know if I am pinning it too much to sex as I haven't yet slept with a woman; I have kissed a few and I enjoyed it. I look at women when I am out and I fantasize about being with one. I believe I fell in love with one but she broke my heart without even knowing it.

But I haven't slept with a woman so I don't know for sure how I will feel about that and it makes me think sometimes what if I have made this all up? I don't know if this makes any sense.. I guess it is only because my orientation has caused a lot of distress and turmoil I don't want it to have been for nothing.

2. Lyana

Hey Souterrain (nice French).

Yes, it's completely possible to be wrong. But, if this helps, it honestly doesn't sound as if you are. You're attracted to women, you've enjoyed kissing women, you've had strong feelings for a woman. None of that sounds like a straight person who's lying to herself. It sounds like someone who is genuinely into women.
    It's normal to have doubts. They will fade with time and experience.