1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay Romance

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dt85, Aug 1, 2015.

1. dt85

dt85 Guest

I refer to myself as bisexual or pansexual—I honestly believe that I have the capacity to be attracted to any gender or variation thereof. However, when I think of sex I typically think of being with a woman, and when I think of romance, with physical intimacy as well, I tend to be more drawn to men.

I am wondering if this is a common feeling, or if I am an anomaly? Dating and being in a long-term relationship with a man just makes more sense to me emotionally. It is unfortunate, from my perspective, that there are not more representations of gay love, and not just gay lust, portrayed in the media. It is also unfortunate on a personal level for me that entering into such a relationship would entail me separating myself from the last bit of family I have left. But I suppose that is a whole other topic.

2. Honest4You

Honest4You Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    How do you feel towards men sexually? You seem pretty normal in my opinion. There are a lot of bisexuals that are emotionally attracted to one gender yet sexually to the other. It's a lot more common than what you think.

3. dt85

dt85 Guest

I can definitely see myself sleeping with a man. That doesn't turn me off at all. I do tend to fantasize more about feme men. But viscerally, just seeing a woman my body responds faster than seeing a man. It takes more elaborate thought with men, if that makes sense at all. Perhaps unfortunately, I don't have the experience to know for sure. It has really been on my mind though, as cliche as it may sound, since marriage equality has become a reality that that seems right for me.