1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not sure where I stand

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by pandaqueen, Aug 2, 2015.

1. pandaqueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I'm 21 and recently have finally admitted to myself that I fancy girls, something which I have been aware of for a long time but have not had the emotional capacity to handle due to difficult personal circumstances. I have previously had sex and relationships with several men but have always been left feeling unfulfilled by them. I would become obsessed with men who didn't treat me well, despite never feeling a sexual connection or become bored of those who did treat me well. I have never done anything more than kissed a girl.

So basically I don't really know if I'm bi or if I'm a lesbian and am really confused and probably overthinking everything to ridiculous amounts and being a bit silly.

Help please

2. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Now, I'm no psychiatrist, but I'll do my best to help.

hmmm...Very interesting. Your track record suggests several possible orientations, but which one could you really be?

Attraction to girls suggests lesbianism, while still wanting sex on some level with men suggests bisexuality. Possibly bisexual with more leaning on liking girls?

Obsession with men who don't treat you well over those who do must possibly suggest that you are also on some level have a submissive touch to your personality, but nothing bordering on Stockholm, fortunately.

If you probably experiment more with your curiosity towards other women, you might be able to find your answer of whether or not you are more lesbian then bisexual, though it could be that you are simply biromantic, meaning that you simply prefer romance with both genders over sexual interaction. I still say I conclude that you do in fact have that touch of submissiveness, I'm sure.

I do hope that these words of mine have been helpful in some manner for you. :thumbsup:

3. pandaqueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you very much :slight_smile: Love your penguin!