1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian/bi confusion

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by RagingPinecone, Aug 2, 2015.

1. RagingPinecone

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello! So I know I don't need to have a label, but I feel that I should because I'm the type of person who doesn't like to say no to people (referring to being asked out by guys and leading to short and unenjoyable relationships) it would be much easier if I could just tell them I don't like guys like that. I have identified as bi for over the past 3 years, but I feel like that label isn't really accurate. I am just lost and would really like some help if possible. I can't seem to accept myself as being lesbian, I just never really thought of it as something I would be. It makes the most sense though. Sorry that was poorly written and choppy, but I would really appreciate your words of wisdom! Thank you so much!

2. Nonagon

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hi :slight_smile:
    I'm in a similar place to you right now (though only identified as bi over the past month!). But it seems to me that you feel like you might be a lesbian as you don't want relationships with guys. What do you feel when you imagine a future or physical intimacy with a guy? And just because being a lesbian wasn't something that you thought of in the past, doesn't mean that it's not possible now...I was very happily straight and in a long-term relationship...Until I wasn't. Things can change easily as sexuality is so fluid for a lot of people. But obviously accepting any change can be scary and daunting and although labels aren't necessary I do understand the desire for them :slight_smile: I hope this helped at all. These things take time as I'm sure we all know, it's all about being happy with you are :grin:

3. RagingPinecone

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thank you so much! I appreciate your help!