1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

how do you konw?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by justoverthinkin, Aug 3, 2015.

1. justoverthinkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Like many of the other posts on here I am just a classic case of a confused girl. I've recently come to the conclusion that I could quite potentially be bisexual. I think this has come from the fact that I've never really been able to build a proper connection with a guy, well not on a emotional level. But then everytime I want to explore the curious side of my sexuality I just never know where to start. I don't know where to find the opportunity and then in that sense I just don't feel like any girl would be interested in me (I guess because I'm nothing like all the lesbian couples I've seen/know of). Which I guess is one of the main reason's idk if I would be even remotely gay or not. So HOW DO YOU KNOW?!:icon_sad:

2. Nocturnal

Nocturnal Guest

How do you know if you like the same sex?

I guess you feel an attraction, a "pull" towards them.

3. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It takes time to really know for sure what your sexuality is, and even when you do it's okay to not be 10000% certain. And it's not the same journey for everyone, so I can't give you a surefire solution but I can give you some advice.

There is no need to seek out sex or a relationship to know your sexuality. Some people figure it out that way, but that is not a prerequisite. Don't worry about the lack of open opportunity to date girls at the moment, sometimes it's difficult to find a suitable partner, that doesn't mean you can't be thinking about your sexuality. Also, I'm sure that the "no girls would be interested in me" isn't true. You definitely don't have to be like the other lesbians you know (every lesbian is different anyhow, I am vastly different in some respects from some lesbians I know) to a) be attractive to other girls and b) have your sexuality be valid. Everyone is different even if their sexuality is the same. If you want to date/have sex with girls to try and figure things out, you could try that, but you definitely don't have to, especially if it's hard to find the opportunity or it isn't convenient to do at present day.

There are many, many ways you can figure out your sexuality without having dated/slept with anyone. You can start by thinking about your sexual and romantic attractions and interests, and the feelings you've had in the past.
    You can think about who you've been attracted to, what you feel towards people you know/people you see, who you want to have sex with/who you are drawn to sexually and physically, and who you might want to have a romantic relationship/long term committed relationship with. If you want to explore it you can also look into LGBT media, TV shows, books, etc, and see how you feel about them. This site may also help you-there are a lot of people on here with different stories, experiences, and backgrounds, and maybe looking through them can give you some insight to your sexuality, or where to start figuring it out.

Best of luck! Remember that in the beginning you don't have to think about quickly fitting yourself into a label- whether that's bisexual, lesbian, pansexual, etc- it's totally fine to just take your time figuring out your feelings too. Things become clearer over time.

4. justoverthinkin

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I really don't think you understand how much I appreciate your response! Like thank you so much! I guess I've always already knew all those things you've said but I've never had it said it so perfectly. I've always had trouble doing the things I know I should do and will be good for me, probably because I'm always so unsure and insecure. But I guess I really need to be more comfortable with myself and know that I do know myself, damn it's so hard though :frowning2: THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! (mackenziesr)

5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You're very welcome, I'm happy to have helped in any way. Take your time to figure stuff out, and to become more comfortable/accepting of yourself. It's worth it :slight_smile: Good luck (*hug*)

6. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

This might not help in your case, since I'm an OS, but I feel a strong devoted attraction to my doll like someone else would be to the gender of their choice. Just find who/what you are attracted to the most and want to spend at least a long time if not the rest of your life with him/her/it. Experimentation is healthy! it made me the way I am today. (you wouldn't want to be me, bad example. :icon_sad:slight_smile:

7. LittleKidLover

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Well not sure if I can be of much help, but I thought I'd try and explain what I personally went through.
    Basically I was in much the same position you are in, and didn't know wether I was gay or straight, or if I was gay , wether I'd be a top or bottom.
    I decided one day that I would talk to the most trusted person in my life, my friend Jim. So one day while at the office, I asked Jim to come with me to the break room, but Dwight was there, so we went to the conference room.
    That's where it happened, Jim made the simplest of suggestions, and from there ..... , well basically Jim suggested I sleep with a man and then with a woman and compare.