1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i straight in denial?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by falloutrain, Aug 4, 2015.

1. falloutrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    (i'm a female teen btw)

this probably sounds weird but im worried that i am straight in denial.
    like what if i am the opposite of someone who's gay that represses those thoughts and convinces themselves they are straight - maybe i am straight but i repress those thoughts and have convinced myself i am gay because i subconsciously want to be different and want attention or something :confused: :icon_sad:

like it makes me feel nauseas with anxiety when i start thinking that i might actually just be straight. i thought i was bi and i love the idea of having a girlfriend and i just generally love girls bodies and stuff but i recently realised i am also quite attracted to guys so i am not sure. but i don't really like the thought of marrying / dating a guy like i would be okay with it but i prefer the idea of marrying / dating a girl like it makes me feel happy and excited.:kiss:(!)

also can i just say i think i might have anxiety/ocd which might make questioning my sexuality a lot harder?:bang:

i am just really paranoid that i am convincing myself i like girls and that now i've set myself up thinking i could have a girlfriend and everything that i will realise i don't really like girls even though there is so much evidence from my past that i do :frowning2: i just wish someone could tell me i am defintley bi/lesbian. :help:

i think i might be bisexual but homoromantic like i am attracted to both genders but much more emotionally attracted to girls.:thumbsup:

the thing is i would much rather be with a girl but i am so scared that i am wrong and i'll end up with a guy or i will fall for a guy and end up supressing those feelings. it's all so confusing and i don't have anyone to talk to this about. i feel like i am trying to make myself 'different' by saying i am bi but i know i like girls im just paranoid i won't in the future. its so confusing:eusa_doh: and i would love some advice! thank youu :kiss: :icon_bigg

2. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Wow doll you need to take a deep breath and relax. :slight_smile:

Why over thinking everything so much ? You feel attracted to girls, you cannot force yourself to be attracted to something or someone, you can force yourself to do stuff but not to feel stuff so if you genuinely feel attracted to girls then you probably are. Plus you are a female and the thought of being with a man seem to barely appeal to you, so nothing point out to the direction of you even being remotely straight. Just relax and go with the flow. Why don't you go step by step and see how your sexuality evolve with time ? you may happen with a guy (but who cares if you are genuinely in love with him then it's fine) or with a girl, whichever of those options are fine as long as you are happy.

Don't over think things so much really. :slight_smile:

3. DreamerBoy17

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You might be bi with a preference for girls. It seems like you're overthinking things a little. You like girls and boys to a lesser extent, and there's nothing wrong with that. You've known for a long time that you like girls, and those feelings might vary over time due to sexual fluidity, but I highly doubt they'll completely fade. (*hug*)

4. falloutrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you both for your replies! i tend to overthink everything and get very stressed and panicky which is why i think i have anxiety or something like that. thinking about my sexuality always makes me feel incredibly anxious :frowning2: Thank you so much for your advice and i think i am bi with a preference for girls :slight_smile: thanks for helpming me figure this out x

5. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No worries, try not to stress over your sexuality and let it unfold naturally ! :wink:

( I find myself slightly ironic for saying this is I am currently feeling quite overwhelmed by my bisexuality, but deep down I know that's the right thing to do/advice. :slight_smile: )

6. falloutrain

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    thank you :slight_smile: I hope you feel less overwhelmed soon :slight_smile: