1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused and Need Advice

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BleuHeart, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BleuHeart

So, I just made this account in hopes to get some advice.

I'm a junior in high school and play soccer. I've always been attracted to guys, but up until last year, I have been questioning myself.

There's this girl on my soccer team. I've known her since middle school. I have been on the soccer team with her since the 6th grade. Now, in grade 11, I feel this attraction towards her.

Like today at practice, we had to partner up and I partnered with her. We had to interlock ankles and do sit-ups across from each other. I kept feeling warm touching her.

I find her attractive. Everything about her, especially her personality. I don't feel this way towards any other girls though.

Is this a girl crush or something? I'm so confused. I guess I just want to know if this has happened to anyone else? I don't know if this makes me bi, but I don't want to label myself. I'm so new to this.

2. Lyana

Hey BleuHeart,

That sounds... really sweet.
    And yes, it has happened to other people. I promise. It sounds like you are definitely attracted to her. It's good that you can recognize and accept this.
    If it's your first crush, it's normal to feel a bit reluctant about calling yourself bi. As long as you're able to recognize your feelings, a label is not really necessary. But there's nothing wrong with being bi, you know. And clearly, you're not strictly restricted to one gender.

Just keep doing what you're doing -- be open to your feelings. There's nothing to be scared of, here.

3. A7n5n0a7b1e3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That sound beautiful. I think that there is a good possibility that you are bisexual but the fact that you've never felt this way for other girls makes it slightly questionable. She could be just the one girl that you are attracted to. I think it would be good to ask yourself how you feel about every part of a girl. Do you really like boobs, I really like boobs and that's how I know I'm probably lesbian. But in the end you are the only one who will really know. Sexuality is fluid and it can change very easily try to keep that in mind

4. BleuHeart

I've been attracted to guys before, and still am on some occasions. I have never had a boyfriend before so that just makes it all the more confusing.

I guess I like the female body, I've never thought of it. I do think about kissing and doing other things to that one girl. I don't like any others that I know.

Do I try to get over this crush? Maybe waiting until college to find more like minded people would be best, but I don't know. Or all this could be a one time thing. Just so confusing!

5. BleuHeart

Thank you very much. I'm trying to be much more open to my feelings now since I'm feeling this way. Over the past few days, the feelings towards her has just grown stronger. I'm definately going to embrace it because that's who I am, even though I'm still confused.

6. Laura27

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Aww that is cute!

I totally get why you are confused! Once I started having feelings for girls I at first repressed it and secondly started getting confused and searching for what exactly to do with it (and what I should call myself).

Since this is the first time you have ever experienced such feelings for a girl, it is I think too early to search for a fitting label. My advice would be to just experience it and try to be as open minded as possible.

I think it's very strong that you are already willing to embrace it in order to accept yourself!

7. BleuHeart

Haha thank you!

I totally get what you're saying! I am willing to embrace it, but if it turns out that I don't actually like girls, just that one, then that's okay too.

Hopefully I'll figure myself out and become happier and no longer confused.

8. EastCoastGrl

It's not uncommon for girls to develop crushes on other girls at your age. Are you close this this girl? Like best friends or something?

Also, when you say you've been attracted to boys, have you had crushes on guys?

9. BleuHeart

I'm not best friends with her, but we do talk to each other at soccer practice. We don't hang out outside practice or school. She's pretty friendly to everyone and very outgoing and nice, so she has lots of friends. I, on the other hand, am quiet and reserved.

As for my guy crushes, I do like some. I've never had a boyfriend though because I'm so quiet. And most of the guys in school are immature and annoying haha.

10. disclarity

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight but curious
    That's adorable. It's common for girls (and guys) to have those feelings. Only you know the answer to your sexuality.

11. BleuHeart

Thank you very much.

12. EastCoastGrl

Lol....I taught high school for a few years and yes, I understand your description of boys as immature and annoying. True that!

From what you've described, I wouldn't conclude you are a lesbian. Although, try not to over think things and just focus on what's super important right now, your education.

I will warn you that if this girl is straight, don't allow your feelings to get too intense. That is a recipe for hurt. Many lesbians have experienced falling for a straight girl (including myself) and that is guaranteed heartache.

#12 EastCoastGrl, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  13. BleuHeart

Definitely will be focusing on my education more, and soccer. This year of school is very important and I can't screw up anything.

I also don't think I am a lesbian, I dunno, I just don't have that "feeling" you know?

The girl I have a crush on has dated guys before, but I just have a feeling. But I could be totally clouded and overthinking things just to make them seem better. I will just play things cool and see how I feel about her, and other girls, at the end of the soccer season.