1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where Did My Butterfiles Go?..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by BookWriter1994, Aug 5, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Ever since I had finally realized what I am, whenever I look at guys or girls I no longer get these butterflies that you would normally feel when you would find them attractive. I have no idea what's going on right now. Maybe it's because if I do meet someone I will have butterflies again. But at the same time I absolutely felt like nothing every single time I would look at a girl or a guy. I know for a fact that I am attracted to them but I have no idea why nothing is happening on the inside of my stomach.

Where did my butterflies go? Any advice?:help:

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Maybe you are just not attracted to anyone right now. It happens. It doesn't mean you will never feel those butterflies again, they're just taking a break. Fluttering all the time is hard work:slight_smile:

#2 XenaxGabby, Aug 5, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  3. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think it depends on how you define "butterflies". For some that might a flutter of nervousness and feeling of being smitten. Others might describe it as flat out anxiety and fear. Perhaps you're just not nervous and fearful anymore that you're comfortable with yourself now. Or like someone else said, maybe there's no one you're interested in.

4. Lyana

I agree with the previous two posters. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Even if you frequently got butterflies before, it doesn't really mean anything that they're gone. They will come back when you meet someone who gives you butterflies. And then you'll be thrilled.
    I think only two people I've met have consistently given me butterflies every time I saw them.

5. A7n5n0a7b1e3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You could be going through a time where you don't really need anyone as a partner but you could also have accepted that this is who you are and your body is less nervous around people. Just give it some time