1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning and need advise

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by repressed, Aug 8, 2015.

1. repressed

I am a female and i am attracted to other girls. I am not sure if this makes my a lesbian. I have always thought that i was straight, but recently i have been thinking about being with a woman instead of with a man and i cant get it out of my mind. I feel more attracted to women than men now and can only imagine myself with a woman. It seems like i am lesbian, but I'm worried. I am scared that this could just be a phase because i have never had a crush on a girl i know before, only celebrities. I have never been in a relationship or had a crush on either gender. How could i know what my sexuality is if i have never been with anyone? Please give me advise or opinions. You never know what might help.

2. Joey101

hi
    you should ask yourself if you want to be a lesbian. I think most of the times I kept questioning my orientation because I just didn't want to be lesbian (for idiotical reasons, like the opinion of society or stereotypes).
    Then maybe you are not a lesbian at all but bi.
    But if you think about kissing and stuff with a man, can you imagine doing and liking it? and with a woman? everytime I had nearly made myself believe that I must be straight or at least bi, I asked myself this question.
    and don't worry even a lesbian can see a man is attractive or fall for him without ever beeing sexually attracted by him.
    and not ever having had a crush on girls does not mean you are less of a lesbian, you just haven't met the right woman yet.
    so make sure whatever you feel you might be, not be or what you like make sure to accept yourself and to be proud of what you are.

good luck (*hug*):thumbsup:

3. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually, you don't need to go with someone to understand your sexuality. In the same way as straight people know that they are not gay, we can know that we are not straight. We don't need to experiment first, or test ourselves.

Our sexuality is very rarely a phase. Many parents tell their children that it's a phase and they really believe it's true because some so called experts endorse the idea. Well, they are wrong. Our sexuality is not a passing fad, but an innate part of who we are.

Ask yourself how you feel about the opposite sex as well as the same sex. Focus on some of the questions Joey101 asked above and really consider your answers carefully. Based on what you have said so far, I would suggest you are a lesbian, but the final decision rests with you. Consider those questions and examine your feelings come back to us if you want to discuss things more.