1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning please help

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by repressed, Aug 8, 2015.

1. repressed

Im pretty sure that i am a lesbian. I have accepted that i am not straight, but i don't know exactly what my label is. My problem is not with acceptance, but with now knowing who i am. If anyone has any advise, please help. I am really confused because i don't even know who i am. How do i know what my label is? How can i not be so confused? all i really now is that i think girls are really pretty and i want a girlfriend.

2. troubleshooter

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Are you attracted to men sexually or romantically at all? Are you grossed out by the idea of their anatomy or touching any sexually? Can ou only picture yourself with a woman in the future? If you can say yes to all these questions then it sounds like you're gay. If you still feel things for men then you're likely bisexual. -hugs- it'll be ok.

3. SiennaFire

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Welcome to EC repressed :welcome:

A label is just a form of shorthand for communicating with others about your sexual orientation. If you know that you are not straight but not sure if you are a lesbian or bisexual, you can continue to identify as "questioning" until you figure it out. Each of us has their own timeline for coming out to ourselves, so it's OK to be uncertain about your sexuality.

Based on what you have written, it sounds like you could identify as a lesbian or bisexual with strong preference for other women. Do you have any attraction to men? Or are you exclusively attracted to other women? Have you had experience with men and/or women? How did these compare?

For me I always found other boys to be cute as early as elementary school, although without any positive gay role models growing up I didn't know how to interpret these signals. I felt envious of these boys because they were with girls, but in hindsight I was actually attracted to the boys. I've been with both men and women, and there are more sparks and fireworks when I'm with another guy. Based on these factors, I identify as gay.

HTH

#3 SiennaFire, Aug 9, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
  4. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, from what you said, you sound like you definitely like girls. Could you be more specific, say what you think about guys? And other non-binary genders maybe?

5. Closet Shut

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I think you've sorta answered your own question, on knowing who you are. You've identified yourself as Lesbian; If you have sexual attraction to women, then yes you can classify yourself as such. By label do you mean, how you carry yourself? or dress etc. If so, being a lesbian doesn't change who you are, you can still be you:slight_smile: