1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trying to understand myself.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by chiacha17, Aug 9, 2015.

1. chiacha17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hello. I think I am in a phase of "confusion". 23 year-old female. I have always thought boys were cute, hot, etc. and have had crushes. I have also always appreciated both men and women's beauty. Only recently have I begun to question why I haven't pursued men romantically. I have had many close female friends, but not really any boy friends. I have fantasized about both men and women, though usually my dreams with women include more talking.

Oddly, I get jealous when I meet my female friends' boyfriends or even just hear about them. I usually think the guy isn't good enough for them. But this jealousy often grows to be bigger than what one would consider "normal". I am starting to think I am really jealous that I am not the one in the relationship with the girl... How can I tell if these are feelings of homosexuality or just strong female companionship? I've never dated or done anything physical before so its really hard to sort these feelings out. Any advice would be appreciated!

2. WhoAm I

Can you give a little more information about how you are attracted to males and females? There is a difference between sexual attraction and romantic attraction, and that difference can depend heavily on your orientation.

3. chiacha17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I feel aesthetic attraction for both men and women (i.e. "Wow, he/she is hot, I could stare at them forever"). I get a tingly feeling when I am really attracted to either men or women. Often when I like a guy, I want to hug or kiss him; though I usually am okay just looking at him from afar. With women, I usually imagine hugging them, holding hands, or kissing. My sexual wants are kind of weird, though, like I don't know if I really need sex to feel good (not asexual though, since I still get physical reactions when thinking about people). I also can imagine people I'm attracted to naked (men or women), though imagining us engaging in sex doesn't excite me as much.

I assume I am homo-romantic and bisexual, just because I often can imagine having sex with men but only can see myself turning relationships with women into something more...?

4. WhoAm I

From the sounds of it, you are probably a homo-romantic bisexual. However, the reason you probably haven't really pursued anyone romantically or can't see yourself having sex with anyone is because you might not have found the right person yet. Just keep exploring, and I'm sure the answer will become clear. I hope this helps a bit!

5. chiacha17

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Yes, a bit. Thank you!