1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is it normal...

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by liavfaer, Aug 9, 2015.

1. liavfaer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    ... to be physically and mentally attracted to women, but also be attracted to men via personalities? I mean, I'm not sexually attracted to men, but I'll really like someone's personality to the point where I might actually like them, simply not in a sexual/physical way.

For example, I was in a relationship with this guy I genuinely cared for and loved, but I wasn't sexually attracted to him. I didn't want to do anything sexual aside from kissing and cuddling. On the other hand, when I'm attracted to a woman it's usually personality and a physical/sexual attraction.

2. RainOnVII

It's perfectly okay to feel the love for men and women, and being sexually attracted to only women--love is love, body or heart. If you're a fan of labels, I'm guessing that you're either biromantic (feels romantic attraction to men and women) or demiromantic (feels romantic attraction after a "strong bond", or feelings is formed). I hope your relationships go well!

3. liavfaer

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks! I really appreciate the input. I guess I tend to get too caught up in labels at times. If I don't seem to fit something I assume there's something wrong with me, but I guess it's more there aren't enough labels in the world to cover all the different forms of love. Again, thanks for the advice!