1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what is Homo/Hetero Flexible?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by fern, Aug 11, 2015.

1. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    do you consider "homoflexible" as someone who is just very far on the gay side of the scale, but still attracted to the opposite sex from time to time? Or is it someone who is gay, but specifically chooses to engage in heterosexual behavior for other reasons.

not sure if there's really a difference there...but i think there might be.

for instance, i am around a kinsey 5, but have a much easier time just calling myself gay than bi since i'm 95% of the time attracted to only women. however when that rare guy catches my attention i feel like i'm lying saying i'm gay. i think homoflexible is starting to sound like a nice term to use in my case...just wanted to make sure there aren't any implications that come along with the label that i'm unaware of :slight_smile:

#1 fern, Aug 11, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2015
  2. YinYang

Homoflexible basically means (in my opinion, I could be wrong and please let me know if I am) 'gay but sometimes bi'. For example, a man who usually dates guys, but every once in a while, will date a woman that catches his eye. From what you've said, I think homoflexible is fitting for you.

3. loveislove01

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I see it as being mostly gay with exceptions.

4. Lipstick Leuger

That is why I chose Queer. You are whatever label you choose. You are mostly gay to gay, you don't have to be 100% Goldstar to be gay.

5. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From my understanding people use homoflexible if they are more or less gay, but have a rare few exceptions once in a while- but those exceptions aren't significant or frequent enough for someone to feel like they are bisexual/pansexual.

6. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm homoflexible, but the attractions for women are not enough for me to identify as bisexual, so I go with the gay label to cut the conversation short, if that makes sense.

7. cakepiecookie

I identify as homoflexible too, and see it as being about attractions rather than behaviour. That said, people sometimes struggle with terms like that so there are no guarantees that they'll interpret you correctly.

8. fern

Out Status:
    Some people
    Thanks!! This makes me feel a lot better :slight_smile: i thought other gay girls would seriously judge me for calling myself gay.

9. LooseMoose

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    They still could, you know, I say this, because sometimes it feels.

From what I 've seen - if you have some occasional or rare attraction to the opposite sex which are not enough to act on them, you can still just say you are gay.

"homoflexible" usually means "mostly gay, but might have sex with man for other reasons".

I think nobody is going to judge you for being a Kinsey 5 and calling yourself gay if you see yourself exclusively with women.
    However if you can see yourself being with a guy, then I wouldn't call myself gay or lesbian- homoflexible would be more right. It depends on what feels right to you.