1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Does Listening to queen make me gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by ZeCoop, Aug 12, 2015.

1. ZeCoop

ZeCoop Guest

Hi,

So, ive been seeing a girl but I am struggling to feel connected to her. I long for her to be with me, and think about her a lot after Ive been with her. I saw her most of the day saturday and have been thinking about her a lot since then. ITs a feeling of wanting her to be just her, with me... Not much sexual feelings attached, but i just want her to brighten up the room..

but wen i consider messaing her I just feel depressed. Like whats in my heads is far from reality and I feel like if she comes here, i will just feel over-whelmed to look not-boring and strugglign to be myself..

since meeting her I have listened to a lot of music - But I cant figure out if its because its distracting me from my situation or because I can just relate to the music so well and I have no one to talk to. Ive isolated myself emotionally and generaly over the past 2 years and have gotten use to living as a non-social creature. IVe been listening to lots of "not-very-manly" and generally emotional stuff. Lots of queen, Michael Jackson, bon jovi and that sorta stuff. I know Listening to queen doesn't make me gay, but i just feel such a connection to Freddy Mercury! When he sings of love, its just what I WANT so bad.

I dont know... I feel like whatever it was freddy was looking for - is what im looking for...

**just realised i need to log off**

here are some of the songs I listen to which make me feel as ease, am i gay?

bon jovi - in my arms / Bed of Roses / Always /
    Queen - SAve me / love kills / let me in your heart again / PRETTY MUCH ANY QUEEN SONG

I just love romantic, love songs. Romance! thats the word. I love romance and want to get lovey dovey with this girl... but it feels so wierd, like she will just turn oaround and think im either gay (Cos im so lovey dovey) or just a wierdo

2. KyleD

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It seems to me that there is a great deal of insecurity you have in regards to your sexual orientation. You label yourself as bisexual yet you seem to have a fear of being perceived to be gay. The type of music you listen to cannot tell whether you are gay or not.

From what you have written it appears as if your body is trying to tell you something. That uneasiness that you feel in your gut should not be ignored but you need to get to the bottom of this. Why are you feeling the way you are feeling? This is something you have to figure out and only you can do that.

#2 KyleD, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  3. Walkerz19902015

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    If listening to Queen makes you gay, the majority of people on earth would be gay.

4. BrokenRecord

BrokenRecord Guest

Ha ha ha, what kind of a question is that? Just because you like a piece of media that is either produced to or is made by people who promote the LGBT community doesn't say anything about what your own sexuality is. Just because I listen to Queen myself isn't the reason I am part of this community at all. It's because I chose to be (or I was born this way, if you believe that side of the debate), not because of anything I like. It's like saying just because I like a couple of songs by Iron Maiden and Motley Crue I'm automatically a Satanist.

#4 BrokenRecord, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2015
  5. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    It's just a stupid stereotype. Like whatever type of music you like, and embrace it:slight_smile:

I guess if stereotypes were true than I'd be a straight 14 year old girl because I love Taylor Swift.

Me? Straight? :lol:

6. LiquidSwords

The majority of the world is not aware of the existence of a band called Queen, let alone enjoys listening to them

But no, how much you like Queen is not a very good indication of how gay you are..

7. Foz

Foz Guest

BREAKING NEWS: Humanity on the very of extinction as 90% of humans are now gay due to a change in the definition of homosexuality.

8. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If listening to queen makes me gay, then that would mean I'm not gay because I don't listen to queen (never even heard of it).

So no. Gay just means you want a relationship with the same sex which would encompass sexual and romantic attractions (basically the full package). Bisexual would mean you like men and women and not necessarily in the same ways.

A rather accurate indication of your orientation is your attraction to the same sex. Everything after that is irrelevant to your orientation, also known as individuality.

9. Ryu

Ryu

I heard somebody passing by at school saying sonething like 'he listens to metal so he's gotta be a queer'
    I am just as confused as I am now as I was then why your music taste decides your orientation... It just doesn't make sense! I listen to all sort of weird stuff (including some queen) and that wasn't my first indicator of my orientation. My first indicator of my orientation was that I am attracted to guys, as well as girls!
    So in my opinion, listen to whatever you want, they'll eventually be a person you pass by, guy, girl, whatever, and if your attracted to them, go with that.

#9 Ryu, Aug 12, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2015
  10. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Are any of you actually listening to him or are you just reading the fucking title?!

11. kageshiro

kageshiro Guest

The only thing it means is you have good taste in music.

12. bubbles123

bubbles123 Guest

I don't know if this is what you're going through or not but something to think about is if you like the attention you get from this girl more than you actually like her for her. Do you feel you want to make her happy because you love her or to impress her/make her love you more?
    I know it's kind of heavy stuff to think about and only you can tell if this is what you're feeling. If it is, that's okay and don't beat yourself up for it because a lot of people feel like this. I've felt like that about others before: always wanting their attention and feeling needy. Anyway, just something to think about. Maybe you need to work on being more secure in your sexuality and with yourself first.
    Best of luck to you and I'm sure you'll figure it out in time so don't get too stressed(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

---------- Post added 12th Aug 2015 at 07:09 PM ----------

By the way, the music you like really has no bearing on sexuality.

A "stereotypical lesbian" for example may listen to a lot of Tegan and Sara and stuff but then there are some lesbians who really like music by guys (singing about girls) in general more because they can identify with it. It really doesn't matter and anyone can listen to any type of music.

13. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I ALWAYS listened to queen. I thought it didn't make me anything, but it turns out I'm much gayer than I thought.

#13 Weregild, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
  14. kyoujin

This actually made me laugh.

No, it doesn't. Music is a matter of personal tastes, which vary from individual to individual.
    I used to know a bisexual who liked black metal. And a straight guy who liked bubblegum pop.

15. FootballFan101

No listening to queen does not brainwash you into getting boners over other men

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2015 at 01:05 AM ----------

All jokes aside maybe it is just old Fred making you horny

16. rudysteiner

Listening to Queen does not make you gay one bit. However, looking at Queen and getting a semi might give you an indication of whether you are or not. :lol:

17. ChameleonSoul

I'm not sure about that though. No one can resist the allure of Freddie Mercury, regardless of who they're attracted to. :icon_wink

18. VacantPlanets

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yes, Queen, Rainbows, Unicorns, all can change you into a homosexual.

19. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    LOL dating yourself there, young one. The majority of the world over thirty-five is fully aware of Queen. "We are the Champions" and "We Will Rock You" are long time jock anthems. And let us not forget the very classic Bohemian Rhapsody scene in Wayne's World where a very straight Wayne and Garth were headbanging.
    And hell no, listening to Queen does NOT make you gay anymore than hating musicals makes you straight.

20. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If Queen made someone gay, I can't help but wonder what I'd be. In 20 minutes I can listen to anything from Metallica to Patsy Cline to DMX

---------- Post added 14th Aug 2015 at 08:23 PM ----------

Incidently, listening to Florence + The Machine now.:icon_bigg

#20 angeluscrzy, Aug 14, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2015