1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Obsessing Over Sexuality

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by gloomyra, Aug 13, 2015.

1. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've been really obsessed with trying to figure out my sexuality for several months now. I was sure I was bi, but now that I've come out I keep wondering if I'm a lesbian. I fantasize about girls, check out girls all the time, and am just more attracted to girls in general. I feel like since I've come out I've been noticing girls a lot more in general.

I always try to gauge my attraction to men and women but I can't figure it out. I definitely feel more attracted to women in general, but at the moment there's one guy in particular I have a crush on, and I think he's just as attractive as the women I see (he isn't feminine or anything). I occasionally will see a guy and think he is cute, I get butterflies in my stomach and everything, but I find more women cute than men.

I'm sick of trying to figure this out. For one thing I have OCD, and it just so happens that my sexuality is what I'm focusing on at the moment. I feel like my obsession is preventing me from examining my real feelings. I don't know if I should go out with the guy I adore and have feelings for, or experiment with dating women- either way I'm afraid I'll have regrets.

2. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I recommend that you do what you want, deep down inside, do what feels good. Labels are unimportant. While you are young and unattached, experiment. Date girls, date guys. Find someone you love and who loves you back and treats you like an amazing gift, that is the important part. Does not matter if they are male or female. You will only have regrets if you don't do what is truly in your heart. Good Luck!

3. Jax12

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I certainly went through a obsession phase. Can't remember what the turning point for me was, but I started to care less and less, with labels. I was seriously obsessed with labels, until it just didn't matter to me anymore. It doesn't change my attractions to guys or girls. I'm a Kinsey 5, so I would qualify for homoflexible but gay is the common term so I just roll with that.

4. el229

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thats basically where I am now. I analyze everyone I see to figure out if I'm attracted to them. It's so stressful and not worth it. Just try to relax and forget about your sexuality. It doesn't always work for me, but it helps a lot. You'll figure it out eventually.

5. gloomyra

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    The problem is I already am attached. I like this guy so much. I feel like we are perfect for each other in so many ways. But I also want to know what it's like to date a woman, before things get too serious. I care about him so much, I don't want to hurt him.

6. GreenPanRose270

It is possible to be bi with a preference for any gender.
    But, other than that, labels suck. Just go with your heart, but don't do anything you might regret in the future. Be sure to think things through before you go further with the guy or dating a girl, and make sure your decision is what you absolutely want. ^_^
    Good luck and I hope you find your answers soon! :slight_smile: