1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Accepting myself

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by A7n5n0a7b1e3l, Aug 13, 2015.

1. A7n5n0a7b1e3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm having trouble accepting that I'm a lesbian. I know that I am in my heart but I just can't get over the hurdle and on to the next step. I just need some help understanding how to accept this and know for sure. Thank you

2. Elodie

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Hi A7n5n0a7b1e3l,

I'm sorry to hear you're in distress. Unfortunately, it's tough to come to that realization if you feel that your environment and your own beliefs and values don't match with your realization.

Perhaps it will console you to know you are exactly the same person you used to be yesterday and last week and last month. Now, you just have more information about yourself.

How you decide to acknowledge this new information is entirely yours. You have all the time in the world to register what it means for you. Perhaps the label is scary and that's ok. Maybe you need to take it a step back and take a breath.

You have found your way to this site and that's huge. Not knowing your environment, age or circumstances, it's hard to give any other thoughts/options/suggestions.

My best advice it to be loving to yourself. Be kind and gentle. Anything like this that takes your life on a new path you may not have been expecting or trying to not see, well, it can throw you for a loop. Take it easy and let time help you to adjust to your new reality.

You have a good support in this site. There are good resources. Take care, best of luck and much gentleness.

3. EastCoastGrl

What is your biggest hurdle? Shame? Embarrassment? Judgement?

Have you dated a woman to see how it feels?