1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think I'm a lesbian

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by A7n5n0a7b1e3l, Aug 14, 2015.

1. A7n5n0a7b1e3l

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm pretty sure I'm a lesbian. i want to say that I know I'm a lesbian and I want to be able to tell people that I'm gay. I have had a few crushes on girls and I have one at the moment. I know that she is gay and I would love to tell her that I like her but I'm not able to accept that I feel this way myself. I have nothing against homosexuality neither does my family. I have some gay family members and I love them. I don't have trouble with this because of religion either. I have no problem with it at all but I can't get it through my head that this is me. I'm my parents only daughter and I know that they would accept me but I think that they would be sightly disappointed because this isn't what they would have imagined for me. I'm just having trouble accepting this and I don't know why. I'm terrified to come out but I really want to. Every time I get close to telling someone I get scared and doubt myself. I just need some advise. Thank you for your time.

2. MetalRice

It's normal to get scared and doubt one's self, struggles are commonplace during the questioning process and the whole process all together can be a scary thing to deal with for many to have to deal with. You just have to remember that you're perfect the way you are, and that there is nothing wrong at all with being yourself or with doing so openly. *hugs*

3. Lin1

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    What you are going through is normal and an absolutely normal part of the process most LGBTQ members go through during their ''acceptance phase''. Not everyone acknowledge and accept their sexuality early and easily, sometimes it's hard, confusing and scary regardless of the situation we are in.

It took me about 5 years to accept my bisexuality even though I had plenty of gay and bi friends, even though 99.9 % of the person I knew were 100 percent progressive and for gay rights etc... I just couldn't accept that it was me, maybe it was internal or repressed homophobia ( I doubt it) I just remember looking at it as something that would make life slightly harder and therefore wasn't desirable for myself and therefore tried to ignore/repress it.

Now I fully embrace my sexuality but even though, I still pick carefully who I come out to.
    If that girl is gay try hitting that you are questioning yourself sexuality and think that you are a lesbian. It won't be easy but this girl have gone through the same thing and even if she is not interested she may have some useful tips and advice to share with you. :slight_smile:

Good luck and hope you'll find peace soon.