1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haven't had a crush yet

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Music Girl, Aug 15, 2015.

1. Music Girl

Music Girl Guest

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I've been questioning for what feels like forever, but it's only been about a year and a half. I guess it started when I started to see more images of gay people in the media, and when there was so much news about issues related to sexual orientation. The main reason, though, that I started questioning was because I was 13 and I still hadn't had a crush. While all my friends were talking about how hot this guy was or how much they wished whoever the hell it was would ask them out, I was sitting there with no romantic or sexual feelings whatsoever. So, like any logical human being would do, I started to think about a different gender - my own. Since I had never felt that way about a guy (I still haven't) I thought that maybe it was because I had never considered girls. So, I opened up my options and... Nada. Nothing. Zip. I know that I'm young and all, and maybe I just haven't met the right person yet, but I still think it's strange that I've never had even a crush on somebody, especially during a time in my life where that should be thriving, what with all the hormones running amok. Is this just me being crazy, or could I be asexual (or something like that)?

2. el229

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    you could be straight (or gay). i know i haven't had any crushes until this year, and I'm fifteen. there is a definite possibility of you being asexual, but I would wait a while just to make sure you are. asexuality fits your description, but some people don't like anyone until they're older. Identify as what makes you comfortable.

3. sierpinski

Maybe you're just a late bloomer in that aspect? It's a difficult question because 'crush' is difficult to define.
    You should consider trying to find out who you are attracted to physically and romantically. I think it's a good thing that you at least consider being gay, but don't worry too much about it. If it's just about crushes… just wait and see how things develop. Maybe you're simply not the kind of person who falls for people so quickly, straight or gay, that's not necessarily a bad thing.