1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to be lesbian, but am I?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by repressed, Aug 15, 2015.

1. repressed

I have been struggling with my sexuality for a while, going back and forth between bisexual and lesbian. I just came to the realization that I want to be a lesbian. I really really like girls, and I want a girlfriend. I cannot imagine myself with a guy at all. The thought of being straight scares me. This makes me seem so gay, but I have never actually be in any relationship before. Is this a phase? Could I be straight or Bisexual? Should I not know because I have never actually even kissed someone before? Please help... any advise, comments, similar concerns, anything will help.
    Thank you

2. flitterpad

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If it bothers you that much then maybe you should just say you're gay even if you are bisexual. But have you ever had a crush on a guy or felt attracted to them? :slight_smile:

3. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

How old are you? If you're 13 it's only natural to be confused! I kind of one day just realised I liked women and that was that.. went through around a year of ignoring it then I finally decided to face it. If you can't imagine yourself kissing or emotionally bonding with a guy then yeah i'd say you're likely a Lesbian. Welcome to the club!

I hope this helped at least a little! x

4. EastCoastGrl

I'm not sure how old you are, but growing up I never saw myself with a man at all. The idea of marrying a man, and living that life, never even entered my mind. It never appealed to me.

You seem very stressed about this. How old are you?

5. waltzing

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm in the same boat as repressed and am 15. Does age play a role in this? Can someone older clarify?

6. repressed

I am 16 and I have never had a crush on anyone specifically. Does age matter in this?
    Thank you very much for your help!

#6 repressed, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015
  7. Berru

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I wouldn't necessarily say age has a role in it, but the older you get, the greater the chance is of you having felt crushes and sexual attractions towards different kinds of people, giving you a better picture of you preferences.

But that's just my opinion.

#7 Berru, Aug 16, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2015