1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I know?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cutiepi, Aug 16, 2015.

1. Cutiepi

Cutiepi Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    So I just joined, and I haven't really been questioning for that long (a year, maybe?) and I'm really confused. I know this might sound weird, but I've never had a crush. Or, if I did, I didn't know because I don't really know the difference between liking someone and liking someone. I've been agonizing over every possible girl "crush material" but I honestly don't know. Boys are, quite frankly, a bit of a turn off for me. They're not very attractive to me, much harder to hold a good conversation with, and I don't really want to kiss one or anything like that. Girls are definitely more attractive to me, but I don't know if that's just me being jealous of their looks or actually being attracted to them.

For example, there was this girl in my bunk at camp and we're all pretty comfortable with each other, and one day she came over to me without a top on and I couldn't stop staring. I got those kind of butterflies in my stomach,but I'm not sure if it was just fascination or actual attraction. How do I know? What if I'm just recognizing that she's pretty? I guess my bottom line is, how do you know if you're gay or straight or bi or pan or whatever else?

2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Hi, Cutiepi! Welcome to EC! :slight_smile:

First, can I ask, how old are you?
    If you haven't had many distinct sexual or romantic feelings yet, it is possible that you're a late bloomer or on the asexuality spectrum.

That you say you don't find guys attractive, you don't want to do even mildly sexual things with them, and they're a turn-off, indicates to me that you don't like guys. Have you always felt like that?

So, with girls... maybe give yourself some time to think about questions like "What do I find sexy?" "Could I want to try to kiss a girl?"
    Or fantisizing or so can also help; visualizing different scenarios and letting yourself feel if that's comfortable or not etc.

It sounds possible that you're gay to me.
    But what matters the most is your feelings. I recommend Ttaking some time to try figure your feelings out.

Hope that helps. (*hug*)

#2 Invidia, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015