1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual or Curious? I need some second opinions.

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Waidrabu, Aug 17, 2015.

1. Waidrabu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Hiya everyone!! I've been questioning my sexuality for a while, a year or two it's been now.
    I've always considered myself straight, or never really gave any thought to it. I've had my share of boy crushes, people whom I would be like OHMYGOD, THIS. MY POTENTIAL HUSBAND FOR SURE, and all sorts of those things.:icon_bigg
    Let me start at the beginning, way back in seventh grade (this was at a point where I didn't even know the F word, sex, etc), I met a pretty daring, snarky girl. At times, I would wonder, hey, what would it be like to kiss her? I had a very small, almost puppy dog like crush on her. But nothing major to make me reconsider my 'straight label'.
    But then, by the summer of 9th grade, I met this other girl who was really funny and I had a pretty insistent crush on her. We were pretty good friends, but I would kind of avoid her and be really awkward because I was hyper-aware of her, if that makes sense? Well, along comes 10 and 11th grade, where I met this other girl; we were really good friends, but I would always pull back because I wasn't really sure what exactly I was feeling. Surely enough, I would get all touchy feely with her (simple hugs and whatnot; I'm a more conservative person in general), and I would kind of wonder what it would be like if i had a future with her, but it was rather hard to imagine. One day she asked, albeit jokingly, if I would want a kiss, and I was rather flustered and was like "N-No!!! ohmygosh, thank you though!!" :icon_redf The thing is, I don't know if I'm just curious or if what I feel is actually real.
    Then, in my summer of 12th grade, I got to meet up with my other friend, the one I liked in 9th grade, and we became a lot closer. One night, we went out to watch the stars with some friends and she came up behind me and started hugging me from behind (something that for her was pretty intimate), and I held her hands; we just stayed like that for a while. My heart was beating kinda fast, and I felt so warm. When we drove home, I had fallen asleep and then she just let my head rest on her shoulder; we told each other we loved each other (as friends), and it's kind of nagging at me. I do appreciate girls and boys' attributes alike, I've felt that 'tingly' feeling on both sides, moreso towards guys but towards these three girls I have felt something, I think.
    I know many people dislike labels but I just want to know what I could potentially fall under. I've had enough sleepless nights debating :bang:
    Thanks so much everyone :slight_smile:

#1 Waidrabu, Aug 17, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2015
  2. YinYang

Do you see yourself kissing, dating, marrying, or even having sex with men and women? If you can see yourself with either a man or a woman, then I think it's safe to say you're bi. Also, there's nothing wrong with trying to fit a label on yourself. Just don't go too crazy trying to label yourself.

3. Waidrabu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Thanks man :') Umm, you see I don't really know :frowning2: Like I could see myself with a man for sure, but it could also be because of how I've been brought up. I've kind of blocked the side of me that could picture myself with a woman, or at least I can't quite see it in the future. Do you think that it's one of those things where time will pass and I will slowly get a better idea of myself? I just have no knowledge about kissing, sex, etc. I jut don't really know how that stuff rolls, as even though I've seen it done in movies, I just haven't really thought about it myself.
    Thanks, I just feel more comfy with having a label to identify myself with.

What even entails attraction?

4. mc09

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Your upbringing could have something to do with it. I'm not saying it's for sure, but maybe. Both of us are on the same page, we're just beginning a process regarding our sexuality. Just give it time and don't overthink it. When it comes to your question about attraction I honestly have no idea. If you ever figure that out can you tell me?

5. Waidrabu

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Of course!! :slight_smile: I've been talking to some people and they describe it as the pull between people, so I guess it could be as basic as that or even something more.
    Yeah, we can go through this process together!!:icon_bigg