1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Am I queer enough to be part of this community?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Colorora, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Colorora

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm a girl and have been identifying as bisexual for a few years now, I've recently found that I only find myself having (sexual) fantasies with men, this could be because I don't know much about woman+woman sex but if I do find myself to be heterosexual, biromantic, does that mean I'm not queer enough to be part of the lgbtqia+ community?

2. YinYang

Of course it does. If you are not completely straight, whether it's romantically or sexually, you're 'queer enough' to be part of the lgbtqa+ community (I try to include as many letters as I can).

3. guitar

100% yes! There is no such thing as "enough." Even if you're straight or essentially straight, lgbt+ is a massive tent of support and all are welcome. Lgbt issues affect everyone, just to different degrees.

It's perfectly normal to question your sexuality and identity. Most lgbt people spend years trying to figure it out and come to terms with it. Being much more straight than gay is totally fine and a lot of people on this forum identify this way.

Your sexuality can also shift around. For me it can be daily. There are times I'm 100% gay and won't give a great looking girl even a fleeting glance. Other times I can think "damn she looks hot," so it all just depends. There's no right or wrong way to be lgbt.