1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A little confused

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Adcarne, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Adcarne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hey,

This may sound really confusing at first but Im just going to type it all :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I have always been attracted to girls however im not the type of guy who chases them, cus sometimes im just too lazy to :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

But throughout my life, mostly secondary school, I was attracted to a few guys but for some reason I never really took it into consideration, weird right? I did become best friends with a girl I have known since I was 6 and fell for her, which lead to me asking her out but given the whole friendzone situation ^^ Even tho I still kinda have feelings for her.

Then I got into University and during my first year there I became good friends with a few people and didnt really think about my sexuality. Then came my 2nd year at Uni and I became friends with my housemates. However one of the housemates I started to get attracted to, but I need to mention that he is fully straight and has said so many times. I hang around with him more than my other housemates and I get on with him a lot better than the others. We play jokes on each other and always have a laugh, but it just kinda happened over time and I became attracted to him, both physically and because of him as a person.

He knew that I became attracted to him and asked me if I was gay, I said no and that im not gay, but for some reason I felt like I was lying to myself. Just to reiterate I do still like girls. Over time I gained confidence as a person and told him I think I am Bi. He said that he thought the same due to me never going up to girls whilst on a night out and for the fact that I got attracted to him. I admitted that I did get attracted to him but we are both cool with it and still good mates :grin:

This probably all sounds confusing but to sum it up, I am attracted to girls but I have found myself attracted to guys and I find myself lost and trying to accept if im Bi or not. I think I may be but still questionning.

2. Adcarne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Any advice would help. I have already had a chat with my best mates about it. One of them said that I would truly find the answer if I start dating a guy and feel comfortable with it. Which I kinda agree with.

3. Mischief

Mischief Guest

You definitely sound bi to me.
    But, having said that, it's your sexuality.
    Slapping a label on yourself doesn't mean you have to keep it forever. I say, just experiment a bit. I'm doing the same myself at the moment. :grin:
    Good luck!

4. Adcarne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Its just been on my mind constantly and sometimes its all I'm thinking about and can become distracted from other things going on in my life.

5. MetalRice

You sound bi from what you typed, but I can't say for sure; only you can know.

6. zgirl81

Relax a bit and just let yourself go with the flow. It'll help you realize what you really are and be confident with that knowledge if you don't push yourself into a box. I did that and it made me question for years longer than I needed to. :bang:

In the end you are who you are! Being attracted to both genders is something that doesn't change who you are as a person, what you like, your favorite movies, or anything else that makes you, well, YOU.

Hugs to you as you learn to live as you were made! (*hug*) I know that it can be disorienting.

7. Adcarne

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Thanks for the support.

I guess that I should also mention that I can easily become attracted to someone if their personality is nice. For some reason I find myself wanting to get closer to someone who is always nice and makes me laugh. And to tell the truth about me, I have grown distant from my family so I find myself wanting to be around my friends more than anyone else.

Could this need to be around friends lead to feelings of liking a guy?