1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Not so sure if im pansexual or just polysexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by icelaflame, Aug 19, 2015.

1. icelaflame

Out Status:
    A few people
    --- I'm 19 y/o---
    Terms in a technical sense should not matter, but in the reality of the dating world and just knowing ones identity, it's assuring. I've only dated girls thus far, I recently left a relationship due to one of the reasons being that I want to explore/understand my male attraction and date a guy. I haven't quite found any happiness in my heterosexual relationships and potential love interests, it had me thinking whether or not it was just those girls in particular or if I would be more comfortable/happy with a guy. One of the things that ruled out me being gay was that I was still attracted to girls and honestly felt I wouldn't mind being with anyone romantically as long as they made me happy and there was a true connection... I just don't see myself discriminating against anyone when it comes to dating because of their gender identity or orientation. This is what lead me to pansexuality.

However, sexually I am more into guys. I've only had sex with a girl and liked it, but I'm just more "wired" towards other guys especially mentally, it's stronger per se. It's that reason that made me feel like I'm panromantic and gay? if that's a thing. Because while I'll opt in dating anyone I genuinely like and not turn them down due to something such as gender alone, I'll be lying if I said I don't wish to date a guy or am a little more interested in being in love with a guy. Is it contradicting? is there more for me to figure out?
    I just find it so interesting how varying sexuality can truly be, it's fascinating but at the same time confusing when so complex.

I wonder if anyone else is like this.

#1 icelaflame, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  2. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    Polysexual would be, attracted to more than one gender. Pansexual is, gender does not matter. One can still have preferences though. It could also be that you have pent-up sexual feelings toward men that you want to let out. Your orientation shouldn't be the main criterion for your romantic annd sexual life. Just a kind of... frame.

Labels are up to you. But if you do have sexual attractions to others than men, then gay as a specifier of dexual attraction isn't very accurate.

Hope that helps

3. GreenPanRose270

Pansexual = gender does not matter. We can be attracted to guys, girls, and people who identify as transgender/bigender/agender/etc.
    Ask yourself if you could potentially go out with anyone, regardless of their sex/gender identity. If you say yes, then you're pansexual.

Good luck figuring stuff out! :slight_smile: