1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Really confused..

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Random99, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Random99

Alright so I've been in this mind of thinking for months now.. It's just really hard and I think I've kind of hit my breaking point.

I came out as bisexual to my girlfriend, my grandmother (my closest family member), and a good online friend of mine.

Now, here's the part that I utterly hate. I have a girlfriend, but.. I don't know if I am attracted to her, or just too afraid to lose what we have.. I mean, how could I do that to her? Come out as biseuxal when I'm actually gay? What kind of person does that make me?

So basically, I think that I am gay. At first I thought I was gay, then I was like, no. I'm bisexual. But then I think I am gay again.. I have an attraction for girls.. kind of. It seems to disappear every day and I become solely attracted to guys now.

I feel like a train wreck and it is making me feel horrible. The thought goes through my head at least 1000 times a day.. "Am I gay? No, I'm bisexual. No! I'm gay".. It's just horrible. I have no problem with gay, or bisexual, or straight people so I don't think thats clouding my judgement. It's just really hard to be going through this.. I think that I am gay but it is really hard to come to terms with it and realize, that I would have to let go of my girlfriend and all that we have together.. Is that what is holding me back from realizing I am gay? My girlfriend?

I don't know. I feel like I'm being my own therapist here.

Does anyone have any advice for me? It can be really helpful.. I feel like I am gay but I've told 3 people I am bisexual. It's weird.. I don't really know what to do. I certainly know I have a stronger attraction to guys but I am just losing the attraction to girls and I am thinking more and more every day, I'm gay.. It's just hard to accept it.

Please give some advice. :bang::help::tears:

Thank you.. <3

2. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello Random99 :slight_smile: I'm going through a similar situation as you.. and I understand how frustrating and confusing it is! So you say your attraction to girls is fading, maybe that could be because your sexuality is... changing? (by changing I mean your starting to realize what your sexuality is, which can be hard to do)

Obviously nobody can tell what your sexuality is except you (even tho i wish they could XD) but maybe asking yourself these questions will help a bit?

1. Which gender are you more emotionally attracted to? (crushes etc.)
    2. Which gender are you more sexually attracted to?
    3. Which gender could you see yourself with in a few years?
    4. Which gender do you fantasize about?

And you mention that you might not be attracted to your gf as much as you thought huh? Do you ever feel like it would be better if you guys were just friends? or that there's something missing?

Anyways, I hope this helped a lil :slight_smile:

- Raven

3. Random99

Thank you! It definitely helped. Well, I feel like I am more attracted to males even though I've never had a relationship with a male.. In a few years I could definitely see myself with a guy but not so much a girl.. I just can't come to terms with breaking up with my girlfriend.. It's hard. :bang:

4. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    :wink: I'd say give urself some time to sort out ur feelings. And if you ever want to try dating a guy then.. do what feels right :slight_smile: Don't be afraid to explore ur sexuality and don't feel like you need to put a label on your sexuality as soon as possible! Everything will work out ;3 only time will tell!

5. Random99

Thank you.

I mean I am pretty firm on thinking that I am gay.. but what am I going to do about my girlfriend? I've told her I am bi. I know it would break her heart if she realized that I Found out I was gay.. I don't know what to do.

6. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, once you're sure that your gay, then.. let her know. If she cares about you she'll (probably) understand and want you to be happy. Sure, she might be heart broken.. but, you have to do whats best and let her go find a guy that can fully love her :wink: (not that you don't but, you know what i mean) and you guys can totally still be friends, it's not like your gonna block her out of your life forever :3

So idk. you obviously know her better than i do, and just.. go with your gut. :slight_smile:

7. Ameryllis

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hey there! :3 I would definitely be honest with her and tell her what you are feeling. If you postpone telling her, her feelings for you may have grown and it will make it harder for her. Also, if you still feel something towards girls though not as strong as for men, it could mean that you're biromantic homosexual (like me!:grin:) where you like the same gender physically, but the opposite romantically. Good luck!

8. Random99

Hey guys thanks for all the support. I want to tell her but when I tell her, I feel like I'm going to think I made a mistake. I feel like I will be like "Wait what if I am not gay? I shouldn't have done that!" you know?

It's just really hard and I hate going through this.. I can't stop rethinking it in my mind.. This is so frustrating. I'm becoming depressed.