1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Came out as gay and now feeling...gayer

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by dt85, Aug 19, 2015.

1. dt85

dt85 Guest

I always thought I was physically attracted to women and romantically attracted to men, but since I recently decided to identify as gay, and to begin coming out as such, I've begun to notice men a lot more and women a lot less. I wonder if acknowledging my attraction to men has freed some mental block I had, or if I'm just playing head games with myself?

When I'm attracted to a woman—which as I stated before is happening less and less—I feel it right around the crotch region. But when I'm attracted to a man, I feel it all over my body. I don't know...I think I still have some guilt about my feelings toward men. I guess being romantically drawn toward men was safe in a way that being physically turned on by men isn't. Now I have acknowledged that physical impulse, and it has opened a whole new can of worms.

#1 dt85, Aug 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2015
  2. musicalbookworm

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I know what ya mean.. I experience it too sometimes. you just have to realize how fluid sexuality really is. As you might know there is a spectrum, and you can be 100% or 96% or 14% of gay, straight, aro, demi, asexual, etc. Don't focus on a label but on finding your spectrum and then if you want, label it, just remember it's not as important. What's really important is finding your happy medium or such.

3. Moonflower

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I'm a lesbian who in has been out for a rather short time after spending my life in the closet. I posted the exact same sentence with the words flipped- since coming out I notice the women a lot more an the men a lot less. I think it's definitely because we've finally given ourselves the freedom to truly look at the gender we are truly interested in. And yes, it is more of a whole thing...because instead of just "wanting" to connect, you are actually sensing a connection. It's a different experience. You're no longer censoring your own mind.