1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denial discovery

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by hiimpaul2014, Aug 20, 2015.

1. hiimpaul2014

I am really wondering if I am in denial or not. I know I like women. But I seem to like men too but it's not the same. I really don't understand it all but what I want to know is that for anyone that has ever been in denial and didn't know it how did you realize you were in denial and how did you learn to move out of denial toward acceptance and the other steps to the acceptance process

2. levi2000

I would recommend meeting more queer people, making friends with them, and spending time with them. Being surrounded by queer people will make you more likely to accept the same behavior in yourself.
    I'm polysexual (I'm attracted to more than one gender) and my attraction to different genders is different. This may be the case for you.
    Hope I could help!

3. hiimpaul2014

It's funny you should say that because since coming to college I have met a lot more people belonging to the lgbtq+ community. The more I hangout with them the less I think I belong there. But I also don't see myself belonging with the straight folk either. I feel like I belong somewhere in the middle or off to the side away from everyone. Which really doesn't help about figuring out who I am.