1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unsure about everything

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by zcsware, Aug 20, 2015.

1. zcsware

Hi guys! This is my first post on here!
    Allow me to start off with a few things.
    I'm 14, a male, and live in Ohio. I'd rather not say my name, as i'm not entirely
    comfortable with it yet. Basically, i'm more confused than ever.
    Ever since about a year ago, i've kinda known i'm probably not straight.
    I decided to let myself be me, and accept myself as bisexual.
    However, some things have changed lately. I've noticed that i'm thinking about guys much more than girls. To be honest, i've never really thought girls were as visually appealing as guys. Mom would sometimes ask me "Are there any girls at school you like?" and i'd respond with no. Sometimes she would slip in the question "Any guys you like?" and I would tell her that i'm not gay, and she would forget about it. Keep in mind that my mom is very accepting and supportive of all things LGBT. Here's the jist of my situation:

I like guys romantically and sexually.
    I mostly like girls sexually however NOT romantically.

Any advice from anyone is helpful at this point.
    Thanks for your time, zcsware.

2. anywherebuthome

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you like guys and girls sexually and only men romantically it sounds like you might be homoromantic bisexual. Also keep in mind you can always change how you identify and that whatever label you pick (if any) is not permanently set in stone.

3. MetalRice

It sounds like that you could be a Homoromantic Bisexual with how you described your feelings, but I can't tell you for sure of course.

4. bi2me

Welcome from another Ohioan! It sounds like your mom would be supportive if you told her. That's a good thing, even if you aren't quite ready to tell her yet. :slight_smile:

5. wardrobeescaper

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Sounds like she suspects but only come out when you are ready.

6. Werbinich

I think that your mom will be a great support when yyou're ready to come out to her, but don't worry, I'm sure she'll wait.

As for your attraction, yes, you do seem to be homoromantic bisexual but don't let that define you, be whoever you are. Mostly, if you would like to have a relationship with someone, and want to experience sex with both genders, then I'd advise you to find a man who's interested in having an open relationship and would not be bothered that you may be having sex with girls. Though I must advise you against trying a sex at an early age of 14.

Teenagers have the highest probability of being orientation fluid, you might grow up to experience something you hadn't before. 14 is an age to explore yourself by chatting with other LGBT individuals, like on EC or other LGBT friendly chatrooms. Find someone with similar experience and exchange ideas as it may be a way to know more about yourself. You're still young and there's a lot to be discovered in your future.

Hugs and best wishes
    Werbinich