1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I can't tell what my sexuality is?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by whoagirls, Aug 22, 2015.

1. whoagirls

Out Status:
    Some people
    Okay so, I know most people are gonna be like "you don't need to have a label" or "label yourself whatever you're comfortable with" but I feel more comfortable with a label, I just have no idea what it should be. I grew up in a very homophobic family, which I believe might be where some of these feelings are coming from, but idk. (I'm a girl btw) I feel like, I can see when a man is attractive, but I wouldn't say it really sparks anything feeling wise, if so there's not much. I could date a man for a while, do all the stuff I've been told I was supposed to my entire life, that's fine. But the thought of actually staying with one for the rest of my life, like marriage, I don't think I could do it. I feel like I would be telling myself a lie. Yet I can't get the idea out of my head because I'm so used to it. But girls, on the other hand, are the exact opposite. I'm definitely, 100% attracted to them. To sum this up, I'm not completely repulsed by the idea of dating men but I'd rather not, while I'd happily date girls. I've been calling myself bisexual, but I'm not sure if that's true and wanted some other opinions. Sorry this was so long, didn't mean for it to be.

2. InLoveWithAGirl

honestly, you sound like a lesbian to me. The homophobia from your family sounds like the only reason you're still looking at guys.

3. TeamTeal

Ok, here's a list of the terms you used comparatively for guys and for girls :

Guys: "doesn't really spark any feeling", "I don't think I could be with one for the rest of my life" "not completely repulsed but would rather not date them" "do the stuff I've been told with a man" "telling myself a lie."

Girls: "are the exact opposite" "100% attracted to them" "happily date girls".

Honey, you sound like a lesbian to me. :icon_wink

I've said it a million times but just because you are a lesbian doesn't mean you can't appreciate a man's beauty or attitude. Being emotionally/physically/sexually attracted to someone is much different than just "finding them pretty" or "being fine with dating them".

And the other way around, you also don't need to be "repulsed" by men to be a lesbian.

You definitely seem to be highly influenced by your homophobic family regarding the attitude that is expected of you towards men. When you meet a girl you like, the picture will probably get clearer.

But yeah, if you want a label, I would say you are a lesbian.:thumbsup:

#3 TeamTeal, Aug 23, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2015