1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is this rude/ignorant of me?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by MidnightStar, Aug 24, 2015.

1. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Is it ignoring others gender identity's if I say I'm "gay"but at the same time I'm sort of not?
    Because I'm attracted to "Female parts" and not "Male parts" along with personality but I'm also attracted to non binary people and transgender people? But not attracted to straight Females or males in the extent that I would want to actually have a relationship with them or sex however it's possible I could gain a crush still. I would even date or have a relationship with a identified male as long as they didn't wish to change their genitals if they did it may be more rare I would date them and honestly I don't know the answer fully, but I don't think I would actually want to date them. I got bashed for saying this one time and it upset me ever sense because I'm gender fluid and I have nothing agents anyone's identity, I just am attracted to what my brain says I'm attracted to I mean no harm and I do my absolute best to respect everyone for who they are.

And if you're wondering why I use gay it's because it's easier sense I'm attracted to female parts along with the personality I mean how else am I supposed to put it? I also just figured this out!
    :confused:

#1 MidnightStar, Aug 24, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2015
  2. Walkerz19902015

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I don't think it's rude or ignorant. It's just a lot easier than listing everything you like/don't like.

3. Phioo

Phioo Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Family only
    It's called being smart not rude.

4. levi2000

You're not being rude or ignorant for saying you're gay (I do it all the time). "Gay" has become an umbrella term for queer people (gay rights, gay marriage, etc.), so you're just as gay as any homosexual person.

5. QBear

This actually can be a quite complicated question, and their has been much discussion on queer blogosphere on the internet.

The reason its complicated is that the term "trans" can mean "transgender" is the broad sense (including gender fluid, non-gender conforming, gender neutral, bigender, non-binary, and transexual), but it can also mean "transsexual" in the strict mtf or ftm sense.

Its important to realize that transexual men (in the strict sense) are very certain that they are MEN, not women, and that they may feel terrible discomfort (disphoria) their breasts and women's genitals. Therefore, it can be painful for someone to be attracted to parts of their body that cause them a lot of disphoria, and not to their actual identity.

So, if you are attracted to women that are butch, agender, or androgynous, etc. (trans* in the broad sense), I'd just be careful about being clear about that with potential partners, and take care not to get involved with a trans man (eg transsexual in the strict sense).

It's also worth noting that transmen who've been on T for many years will be VERY masculine, and not terribly attractive to people who fancy women's bodies.

So its fine to be attracted to who you are attracted to... Just be clear about it, so you don't hurt someone by accident.

Does that make sense?

6. MidnightStar

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yea, but I don't think you understood me actually on that half
    I'm attracted to woman as in even MTF (Sometimes I accidentally switch that around, idk if I did above just saying) I wouldn't be attracted to trans men because there men.
    But there's a chance I could date one but only in a romantic way nothing super sexual.