1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If you're turned on by "gay love," are you gay?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Kodo, Aug 24, 2015.

1. Kodo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just a general question.

If you are, for lack of better words, "turned on" most by the prospect of gay love when compared to straight/other love - does this mean you're gay?

I find gay relationships to be far more attractive than straight ones, honestly. Though I myself was raised in a fiercely homophobic environment. I think this might be affecting my own perceptions, creating a natural resistance to perhaps admitting that I might possibly be gay.

If I were considering a romantic life, I would prefer female, I think. Though physically and even emotionally I am more attracted to men. Maybe this is due to my wish to simply be "normal" and accepted by my family, and by society. Maybe this is why I would sooner identify as bisexual or even asexual before admitting to be gay. Maybe it's because of the fact that I am transgender it creates even more doubt and uncertainty, as if a "real" trans-man should like women like most men do.

I'm a bit confused, just trying to get to the bottom of it all. Thank you for any responses.

2. waternation

waternation Guest

Interesting question!! I don't know if "turned on" by gay love is the right expression haha, but ever since I realised that I was bisexual, and that romantic gay movies existed I find watching straight romance super boring. I guess that might be a reflection of my sexuality? And gay couples are really cute! Maybe it's just something we can relate to more... I'm not sure... But I know there are heaps of straight girls who like watching gay movies, or ship characters in a gay relationship together (even if they're probably straight) :lol: Interested to see what others have to say on this, though :slight_smile:

I'm sorry to hear about your problems with this, too :icon_sad: Don't worry about what other people think. Suppressing how you feel and attractions to people can really bring you down...

3. sunshinebi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with waternation. Maybe "turned on" isn't quite the phrase I would use but I definitely feel all warm and fuzzy seeing a gay or lesbian couple. There's just something so satisfying about seeing other happy people.