1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female friend is coming back! Crushing?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by thewolf, Aug 27, 2015.

1. thewolf

Out Status:
    Some people
    I am a teen girl. Since I was little, three or so, I've known this girl. We talked, but we were never friends nor were we enemies. She tried to get to know me, I shyed out, we were at many social events together because our dad both worked at the college. My mom has said she wishes my straight brother, (who is our age in years), would date her, because she's a good girl.

My brother and I always were kind of... Very slightly off-put by her, she's very smart, but kind of "weird". Ever since she was little, she's always been kind of like an adult. For example, she's settled arguments between my brother and I before and suggested solutions and sharing when we were younger, even though, like I said, we're only a few months older than her. In our activities, she often preferred to associate with adults, even as a ten-year old. So my brother and I were kind of like, " she's weird", not like we didn't like her, but like we just didn't see him as compatible with her.

But I was comfortable around her, we'd talked before. Last summer, my family had a party and she came. We played CAH, which she was too pure for, but we hit it off and went to the movies.

We had a great time! She said that she wanted new friends because she wanted to discuss deeper topics and she thought I was smart. We talked about stuff like fate and at one point we started talking about sex/sexuality, we both were questioning, but didn't know.

Her dad went on sabbatical. I got her email but forgot to email her. But then I got jealous when I saw one of her friends visiting her! Dumb me. :eusa_doh:

Now I've asked her to go to an amusement park with me. She said yes. Now I'm getting super excited. What will happen? I'm getting butterflies and can't stop thinking about it.

I don't know if she likes girls. She said she liked celebrities of both genders, but she wasn't sure. I've never had a romantic interest be reciprocated before. But even if she does like girls, who's to say she likes me?

Should I behave normal? Help!

2. Erzulie

Everything will be fine! This is probably all very new to her as well (if she's thinking about you romantically). See how it goes when you meet up with her and take it slow for now. From what you've said, she seems like she might be open to it. Just enjoy your time at the amusement park, b/c that sounds like it'd be a blast either way.

3. Open Arms

Open Arms Guest

Go for it! Love is a wonderful thing! and Friendship is grand too! Just be yourself.