1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is my sexual orientation

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by shark567911, Aug 28, 2015.

1. shark567911

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    hi i am a male teenager trying to figure myself out. I understand labels are not important but i need to know what i am before i come to terms with myself.
    i am sexually and romantically attracted to guys but i am only romantically attracted to girls. I do not know if i am bisexual or maybe if i am gay and a little confused. please help me. is there a term for this or what. Also if you had any experience with something similar please tell me how you made your way through this tough time.

thanks

2. fxngirl

fxngirl Guest

You might be biromantic homosexual, but many people don't believe in a difference between sexual and romantic orientation. It might be that you feel romantically attracted to girls because you're trying to stick to a "normal" sexuality, the one that society expects from you, or it might also be that you confuse close friendship with romantic attraction.

3. QueenM

Hey! It seems to me that you might be, as was said in another reply, biromantic homosexual.

As for what you're going through -- I'm actually going through the exact opposite of what you're going through right now! I'm looking at myself, at the time of this comment, as bisexual and heteroromantic,and the most important thing I've found it to be true to yourself and not worry about what other people think or say. My mother and a lot of my friends are very religious and it can sometimes be a struggle to remain positive and sure that your sexuality is okay, and don't think it isn't just because it doesn't fit into a label or a box that people will try to put you in. Don't worry if there is no "definition" for what you feel, you and only you decide your sexuality and you absolutely don't need to fit into a norm.

4. Invidia

Invidia Guest

Far above the clouds, gazing deep below the Earth
    I agree with fxngirl and QueenM. :slight_smile:

I also might add my two cents. Apart from your feelings and identification, considering our practical priorities might help. For example. You say you think you can be in love with girls, but do you want to pursue a relationship with a girl if you're not sexually interested in them? How would that work in that case? How do you see your sexual and romantic life some time forward? What would you like to do and hwo would that work? Questions like that can help me, since I also have some confusion over this stuff.
    Hope that helps!

#4 Invidia, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2015