1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are some people sexually fluid but most people are not?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Cubster1980, Aug 29, 2015.

1. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    It is estimated that about 1/4 to about 1/3 of the population has varying degrees of sexual fluidity involving bisexuality? Meaning a 1-5 on the Kinsey Scale. Though I believe a 1 and a 5 are pretty much straight or gay? How is it that sexuality for most people is exclusive and will never change? It is estimated that 65% of people are exclusively heterosexual(Kinsey 0) and 4-5% of people are exclusively homosexual(Kinsey 6). Is there reasons why most people's sexuality is fixed but some people are sexually fluid?

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I don't really think there is a reason. It's just how people are.

3. BioBehemoth

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I agree with Xena.

You have to remember that the Kinsey scale is like time. It is simply our way of measuring what is already there.

4. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Good question. Now, I could be wrong, but a lot of articles I found claim that women's sexuality is more fluid than men's sexuality in that a male's sexual orientation is usually "fixed". That's not to say that there can't be bisexual men though. It just means that a woman is more likely to fall in that 1-5 scale than a man. Why? I can't remember from the top of my head but if you were to search stuff like that, you'll find some pretty interesting results.

And also, it's definitely difficult to figure out why certain people have a more fluid sexuality than others since we're talking about human sexuality. It's just a very complex issue in general.

5. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    I feel like I am one of those rare type of males who is sexually fluid. I knew when I was younger I had homosexual tendencies and still do but for whatever reason I recently in the past several months started getting chick crazy and wanting to do sexual things with them. I identified as gay for 15 years in which I am perfectly fine with the word gay but technically I believe I am bi. I tend to score somewhere between a 3.3 and 3.6 on the Klein Kinsey Scale of Sexuality. When I first came out at 17 I came out as bi. I wasn't so sure if I was completely gay but maybe somewhat more of a gay leaning bisexual. Around 18-19 I was told by other gay men that I was likely just gay and not bi. For a long time I actually got a fear of the word bi because in thought that would make me a freak. I just turned 35 and in recent months have discovered for a fact I am bi.