1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is 13 too young to know if I'm asexual

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by FootballFan101, Aug 30, 2015.

1. FootballFan101

Hello I'm a 13 year old and I'm positive I am asexual but is 13 too young too know?

2. ebda30

Out Status:
    A few people
    Yes, yes it is. Imo. anecdotal, but my husband had zero interest in boys,or,girls tell he was 15-16. I've known many friends, and young family members who were "latr bloomers" as far as sexual identity is concerned. I thought the idea of sex and intimacy was icky at 13...not the case at all a few years,later.

This is not to say you will suddenly become sexual. You very well could be asexual, but 13 is very young to makeup your mind now. Im 29 and still unsure of my identity. It took my husband until into his 20s to realize he wasn't in fact, bisexual.

3. ThatBorussenGuy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm going to say yes on this one. I don't think anyone really knows at 13 what their sexual preference is (at least I would hope at 13 one isn't experienced enough to know), so give yourself a few years to figure that out. You've got plenty of time before that kind of thing becomes significant.

4. heyKittie

Actually "ebda30", you are wrong. You are never really too young to figure out your sexuality. A few months ago when I was 13, I started to realize I might be bisexual. However, you are still very young, and you may have just not met anyone that interests you yet. There are so many kinds of sexual orientations, its crazy. My advice is to just wait to see if you find anyone who interests you, or you may possibly be something more unusual, like object-sexual. I'm still figuring myself out too, but I wouldn't be too quick to label yourself. Hope this helped. :slight_smile:

5. TheClosetsTight

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Age is really a relative factor. I think for most people, 13 is a bit young to fully know their sexuality, especially if it entails a lack of sexual attraction altogether. However, every person developes differently. You may be a very mature 13 year old and already have at least a good idea of who you are. My advice, don't rule anything out but don't completely disregard your feelings. Always keep an open mind and you should be okay. And remember, whatever you are is perfectly normal and perfectly beautiful :slight_smile:

#5 TheClosetsTight, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  6. FootballFan101

Thanks guys I'll wait a few years to decide