1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bi or envy

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Mateo, Aug 30, 2015.

1. Mateo

So as a Trans-guy I definitely know i'm interested in women however, I catch myself looking or fantasizing about the body's and looks of men a little to often.

Problem is I'm not sure if its because I am sexually attracted to men or if i'm just curious/envious of them.

I am perfectly okay with being Bi even though its something I might have to get use to as its relatively new.

Is it a common experience for Trans individuals to be curious or envious of or cis-gendered counter parts? I would really like some insight on this one cause been bugging me.:bang:

2. levi2000

It is common for trans individuals to by envious of the bodies of cisgender people, so if you feel envious, you're in good company.
    However, if you're trying to decide whether or not your attractions are sexual or envious, try experimenting with someone of the same gender. Just don't put too much pressure on yourself to find a label. If you want, you can always ID as "queer" until you find something that fits you best.
    I hope I could help!

3. Mateo

Yeah I guess that helps. At least I know its not just me. The experimenting part is what i'm reluctant about cause I'm shy and Introverted so I scared shitless about all of that

4. QBear

One other thing to consider is that significant numbers (maybe half?) of trans men report that their orientation shifts once they've been on T for a while.

A not uncommon experience is for someone who had identified as a butch lesbian to realize that they are trans man, begin transitioning, and then discover after being on t for while that they are now very sexually attracted to men. So they go from being a lesbian to a gay man.

Its also common, though for trans people to maintain the same orientation through transition, or to become bisexual.

So I would be careful not to become too attached to any particular label just yet. You've got a journey ahead still.

#4 QBear, Aug 30, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
  5. Mateo

That is very good information to know.

6. QBear

Glad I could help.

You might be interested to know that there is a transman comedian, Jeffrey Jay, who had this experience, and talked about it on a podcast call RISK a few weeks ago.

7. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    I tend to wonder if I got my sex changed what would happen. Would I still be bisexual? I dressed a few times as a girl during my childhood but it really isn't something I am into. I also wouldn't go as far and change my gender because I feel like I could be either gender.

8. Mateo

Thanks @QBear I just might look into that I love stand-up comedy.

9. KaelTail

If it helps, I'm a transguy and I've always been sexually attracted to men, but I am ALSO envious of them. Makes sex a "mix" of emotions sometimes. I often get more dysphoric after sex because of how easy it is to be jealous of how my partner's body works, but I simultaneously am completely enamored with my partner's body.

Lately, I'm starting to question if I'm also attracted to women though. I know I find them aesthetically pleasing. I've been having more sexual dreams/fantasies about women lately. I honestly wonder if it's a natural attraction, or if it's a result of society hyper-sexualizing the female body. Problem is, it's very rare for me to find a girl with a personality I am attracted to, so it's hard to get into a position where I can experiment. Also, vaginas scare me. >.>

10. Mateo

When i'm feeling particularly aroused I try to fantasize about being with guys to see if it gets me any kinda response but every time my mind automatically defaults to thinking about women. So that furthers my confusion.

11. QBear

Well, just roll with that, then, but know that it might or might not change if and when you start T.