1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

HOCD is hell

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Dantehero, Sep 1, 2015.

1. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I almost 99% certain i have this.i have most if not all the symptoms of it,this is the most horible mental illnes there is,you guys needs to understand something,some people that show up on this forum who clearly have hocd you must accept that they,in fact have hocd.
    A guy that tells you that he can't get hard from guys and it's not arousing to him,never before was sexually or emotionly attracted to guys never wanted to think about guys in a sexual way and really hated it.is not in denial period.saying this to them might make thyer ocd worse.i know that some of you are offended by this "homosexual" label on this theme of ocd doesn't make this denial.and i'd like to say that HOCD sufferer is not homophobic and saying this to them makes them feel worse.

2. Contact1111

Contact1111 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Well, I have to disagree with the idea of it being the worst mental illness there is. However, it is possible that your orientation has changed and your trying to go into denial about it. I know that's exactly what you don't want to hear, but it's definitely a possibility.

3. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    Orientation can't change.
    You are born gay or straight or bisexual,sure there are people who find out they like the same sex,but for an hocd suferrer wouldn't thinking about the same sex be arousing to them?wouldn't they like the ideas of fucking a guy?or be emotionly attrac ted to one?
    Obviously none of the above happend to me.

---------- Post added 1st Sep 2015 at 08:53 AM ----------

And a person who had one of the most if not the most horible mental issue ever that called depersonalization disorder(people might think that schizophrenia is worse but i dont think so,sure it's more severe but the patient with schizophrenia never suffer like a person with depersonalization disorder because in depersonalization you know that theres something bad is going on)i can tell you by my experience that hocd is equaly if not worse then depersonalization.

#3 Dantehero, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  4. Foz

Foz Guest

You don't have symptoms of HOCD because it is not real, it is not a mental illness because of that reason. I Could be diplomatic and say "it may not be real but your suffering is", but I won't, HOCD is mentioned here everyday and it gets the same answers and I'm fed up of seeing people trying to justify it - just wishing something exists doesn't make it so.

5. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I just don't car what you people say anymore,in the past when my hocd(ocd,hocd.who gives a shit what name to give it.you can call it ocdick and i wouldnt mind)was bad such comments spiked me.had me checking and checking when i never got an answer but i've learned to exept that i have a sexual obsession(with some more bad obsession but it doesnt matter)but now i just not care what you peple say.i feel better now because i treated it as ocd.

6. Foz

Foz Guest

It doesn't help when every single one of your posts is the same, you don't take the advice of anyone. Yes you may have a problem and so many people have tried to help but you persist and ignore them. We can't do it for you, you have to make the effort.

7. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    You might be right,but sadly seeing a therapist for this is very hard

8. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't necessarily believe in it as a standalone diagnosis, but a repetitive, nagging thought pattern and THAT is ocd. The specifics of what you obsess over is almost irrelevant, its the behavior pattern that tells all.

Incidentally, I have ocd so I can definitely understand how nerve wracking the endless thoughts can be

#8 angeluscrzy, Sep 1, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2015
  9. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I don't in it as well but it definitely exist,i almost 99% certain i have ocd.in the last 3 years i had some horrible obsessions :icon_sad:

10. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If you have no history of obsessions or anxiety or anything you probably don't have it.

11. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    But i do.
    I had a lot of bad obsessions in the past

12. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    Don't let other gay or bisexual men make you feel that way. If you like vagina and boobs strictly that is fine. It is ok who you are. I bet if you took a Kinsey Scale Test you would be around 0. I am around a 3 to 4 myself and for years several gay men wanted to try to convince me I was gay and not bi. I recently discovered that I am in fact bi. I also don't think there is anything wrong with someone who is completely gay. I classified as gay for 15 years but in the past several months I have been getting these major turn ons from wanting to have sex with women and I frequently masturbate about it.

13. Gleek99

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dantehero,

Dude, hocd doesn't exist, first of all. Hocd was made up by homophobes to have another reason to call people "I'll." Being lgbtq is NOT an illness. So stop stressing about ittt. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: you don't need no friggin therapy. It doesn't work. Waste of time.. plus this isn't anything you can do about ur sexuality (whatever it may be)

Peace.

14. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    thank you for your comment,i know i should not listen to people who say i'm gay or bi,if i were then i would be attracted to other men.but i like only girls,i'm actually came here to do some ERP.it helped a bit :slight_smile:

15. QBear

"Dude",

HOCD might not exist as a standalone disorder, but OCD most certainly does exist, and some people DO obsess about being gay when they are not.

I've talked to a practicing gay affirming psychologist who sees OCD with a homosexual obsession in his practice. This guy are has helped hundreds of glbtq people come out of the closet. He is gay himself. He is NOT a homophobe. Yet he sees people like Dantehero in his practice, and concludes they are not gay, but have OCD.

You, Gleek99 and Foz, are being a callous jerks. Seriously. If Dantehero could "stop stressing about ittt" he would, but he can't because he has OCD!! Isn't that painfully obvious by now? That's why he annoys you so much. That's why he never takes your advice. And stays stuck. Because he has OCD. It's freaking classic. And he does need therapy, for OCD, and possibly some medication, so he can stop annoying us.

And you, Dantehero, need to go get some help for your OCD, and stop wasting our time on this forum. Nonetheless, I wish you well. Good luck!

#15 QBear, Sep 3, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2015
  16. Emmab2802

Im sorry I have to agree, I think HOCD does it exist. I don't believe I have it and I believe there is a real difference between HOCD and denial. People in denialmay use it as an excuse but I DEFINITELY believe you can suffer with it. People can get Ocd about anything and intrusive thoughts about anyrhing, so why not sexuality?