1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

am i bi?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by 45567, Sep 1, 2015.

1. 45567

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Growing up I'd always just kind of assumed that I was straight but a few years ago I stopped identifying as straight. Now I think I'm bisexual. I've been thinking a lot about it recently and looking back on crushes throughout school I've had a lot of crushes on women and I've had a lot of crushes on guys. I remember in elementary school I would not say things about girls I thought were pretty because I didn't want people to know that I liked them or think I was gay or whatever. Freshman year I had a really hardcore crush on this girl and it was one of the three biggest crushes that I've had. One of the other big crushes I've had was a girl in 5th grade. I really really liked her for two or so years. The other day I made a list of classmates I remember having a crush on and the list was pretty evenly split between male and female with few more male crushes. Another thing that happened recently is during a trip I went on with a straight female friend and a gay male friend we played this game where we'd point out pretty guys to each other and I kept seeing pretty ladies but I wouldn't say anything about them to my friends. And the other day I went to the store and there was a really cute girl cashier and I kind of got butterflies.

I've been wanting to talk to some of my LGBTQ+ friends about it but I've been too afraid. I was thinking about talking to them about it last night but one of my friends said something about bisexual people that wasn't super supportive so I decided not to. I have another friend that I know would be fine talking to me about it but I'm afraid to because I feel like I'm just making this up or something. I don't know why I feel that way. I just feel like somehow I'm making all of this up in my mind and this is how all straight girls feel? All of my friends think I'm straight because it's pretty easy to just never mention that I find girls attractive too but I don't really want to have to be careful to not mention it.

I've never had a relationship or kissed anyone or anything. How do I know if I'm straight or bi if I've never been in a relationship or anything?

2. baconpox

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're probably bi. You don't need to have been in a relationship to know your sexual orientation.

3. Dantehero

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    I think that you're bisexual,and that's ok.
    You've mantioned being attracted physiclly and emotionly to bothe men and women.i think this summs it up
    But ask yourself what do you want in life,with who you wanna be,do whatever you like and be with whoever you love.

4. STEMqueen

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    If asked, I would label myself as bisexual, and I find my feelings to be rather similar to yours. For a long, long time. I thought I was plain straight. I liked guys, I dated guys, and it was normal. However, I also developed crushes on girls even though I often did not acknowledge that is what i was. I would say having those crushes on girls is not something straight girls generally do. So, you might be bisexual, but, in truth, only you can decide what label fits you.

Also, you do not have to have had a relationship to dictate your sexuality. I've never dated a woman, but I am pretty sure I like them.