1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you find out you were bisexual?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by anonymous3, Sep 3, 2015.

1. anonymous3

When and at what age did you find out you were bi? Just curious?:icon_wink

2. heyKittie

I am 14, and a few months ago when I was 13 I started to question my sexuality. I'm fairly sure I'm bisexual. Of course I'm not going to immediately slap a label on myself, but I started questioning it at 13.

3. grungeteen

Well I thought I was straight all my life (despite never having full blown crushes on everyone but everyone liked boys and I didn't know it was possible to like girls) but then I started to question myself around 12 or 13 and when I turned 14, I thought I was bi but I didn't really think about it that much but in the last 2 months, I have been questioning myself a lot and it's on my mind 24/7. I'm pretty sure I'm bi (but now I'm thinking possibly homoromantic but I don't think I'm going to know fully until I actually experience a relationship with a girl) and I'm soon going to come out to everyone as bi. If I do one day realise I am homoromantic, Ill probably just call myself a lesbian but you never know how your sexuality will change in the future!

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My parents sat me down and broke it to me when I was about 8...no, wait, that was something else.

At 16 I had a series of epiphanies, one of which was "ok, apparently I find both women and men attractive, and could fall in love with or enjoy sex with either, really...so whichever shows up in my life first as a significant other wins. I guess that makes me bisexual."

5. molsen7961

Started questioning at 15, labelled myself as "bi" at 16 but wasn't confident with the label, and accepted sexuality and came out to a few people just recently (still 16).

6. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    I originally came out as bisexual at age 17 but for years identified as gay I was not so sure how legitimate my feelings for women really were. It kind of felt like pressure from other gay men who told me I was probably just gay and not bisexual. However just in the past couple months I have found myself sexually aroused by women and having sexual fantasies of having sex with a woman and getting off to it. It was actually hard to admit to myself I am bisexual and even I have a hard time actually believing it. It just so happens I tend to be a little bit more of a gay leaning bisexual. Somewhere between a Kinsey 3 and 4.

7. Theshreks

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Cubster1980 I feel exactly like you did at 17 now.

8. QBear

I posted this elsewhere a while ago, but I think it answers this question well, so I'm reposting it here.
    -----

I'm a hetero leaning bisexual, approximately Kinsey 2-2.5.
    I tend to partner with women, but have had a couple big loves that were men. And i really like trans men, too.

I didn't always know that I liked men, but I always felt a little different from other boys, and could see myself in our gay neighbors. But I was also interested in girls from an early age (maybe age 7 or 8). I didn't have my first significant crush/physical experience with a guy until I was in 9th grade, and it felt amazing. And very confusing. I had already been fantasizing about guys and girls for a while at that point.

But I was also deeply ashamed and closeted about it. I struggled with my identity for many years, going back and forth between thinking I was straight, other times thinking I was bi or even gay. And I kept being attracted to queer ladies that later came out as trans men. Lol

I wasn't really able to fully accept and come out to myself until my late 20s, after having a brief but very profound connection with a beautiful gay man who was a friend. After he moved away and I broke up with my next girlfriend, I tried to date only men for a little while, but that didn't quite feel right either, and I kept falling into bed with women. Lol. So I eventually settled into this bisexual identity.

The funny thing is that some of my closest friends in my twenties later told me that they always knew I was queer; apparently it was easier for them to see and accept me than for me to accept myself. I was lucky to have queer friendly friends.

I still struggle sometimes, and occasionally worry that I'm gay or straight and in denial, but the older I get, the more comfortable I am with my attractions to men and women.

I hope this helps you in your journey.

9. Weregild

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I subconsciously thought I was a lesbian for a long time, despite trying my best to crush on guys and get into a relationship with one so that I could show other people that I was "normal". Then during high school I found myself physically attracted to them as well. I was still creeped out by the idea of, suppose, marrying a man and being condemned to spend the rest of my life with one. But considering the weight of societal expectations, I was sort of relieved.

Nowadays I still struggle with accepting that "I go both ways". It would be so much easier if I was straight or a lesbian. I don't see another way out, though.

I have only come out to 02 people in real life, though I've never talked about how I feel on the subject with anyone.

#9 Weregild, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  10. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    I originally came out as a bisexual but somewhat more gay leaning to a therapist at 17. I told him it was around 65/35 on men/women. It seems like now it is roughly 60/40 or maybe even 55/45. My Kinsey rating is usually between 3.3 and 3.7.

11. kittyvelour

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    As a child I had rampant crushes on boys throughout the years... and a few times, I noticed girls catching my eye. But since I was raised by moderately homophobic parents, and I was a naturally anxious child, I decided that this (intermittently) must mean that I was a lesbian and that's horrible and on and on. I agree with the previous poster, Weregild, that it would be a bit easier to be just one or the other... and that was something I struggled heavy with for about 5 years now. I recently admitted after being in an FWB relationship with another girl for... roughly 4-5 years, that I am bisexual. I'm now 24. I'm not out to many people, but I'm planning on moving out of my mother's place soon, and afterward I fully intend on busting out of the closet.

#yoloswag

12. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I did think about my sexuality when I was 11, but then I just dismissed it and said I was too young to know. When I was 13 I had this HUGE crush on this girl that didn't go away and I just started to question myself and realized that it wasn't my first crush on a girl.All my life I have liked guys as well. I finally came to terms with it when I was 14 and came out as bi to most of my friends.

13. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I was doubting myself around...10? Or younger? I'm in an all-girls school, so surrounded by females 24/7 (my entire family is female too) it kinda...interested me. Girls, I mean. At first it was small crushes, and the confessions was like...for fun? But I was attracted to them. Not sexually, but more of a...I dunno, romantically? Not kissing and all that-holding hands and stuff. I think it was due to my friends shoving yaoi (anime gay) in my face around 9-10. But I was also in love with a guy, and I started questioning myself at that point, until I realized recently that yes, I'm bi, and though I still question myself at times, I'll still say I'm bi.