1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Maybe not so gay after all?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by still ill, Sep 3, 2015.

1. still ill

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    I've recently been having a hard time figuring out my sexual orientation. I know I love women (sexually, romantically, emotionally, etc.) but I sometimes still feel attracted to men in the sense that I want to kiss them but nothing further. I still feel romantically attracted to them but penises just turn me off. I hate the idea of having sex with a man but I still find myself turned on when a guy is touching/kissing me. Has anyone ever felt this way or have any additional advice? It would be much appreciated. I'm so sick of worrying about my orientation and feeling so strange and ordinary at the same time.

2. awesomeistori

Out Status:
    A few people
    You could be a biromantic/panromantic lesbian. That's what I am. It means you're sexually attracted to women and romantically attracted to men and women.

3. QBear

Another approach would be to conclude that you are a 5 on the Kinsey scale, (mostly lesbian), rather than a 6 (100% Lesbian). And you can safely round "mostly lesbian" up to just plain old "lesbian".

Several other women have written about similar experiences on this forum - being very clearly sexually and romantically attracted to women, but having some physical response to being touched or kissed by a man. For many of those women, there is no romantic feeling, though.

However, because you still can have romantic feelings for men, it might be wise to hang on the "panromantic" label as awesomeistori suggests. There's always that slim possibility of meeting a cute trans guy your really into, and you wouldn't want to completely foreclose that option.