1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Customer told me I was going to hell and was going to burn in the lake of fire

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by phoenix89, Sep 4, 2015.

1. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I work in the deli of the Giant Eagle Store in the next town over. Anyways, it was about 8:00pm and we were wiping things down since we close at 9. A customer walked up and ordered some turkey to be sliced. My twin sister was there talking with my coworker and I. This coworker is also my fiancé (important later). My twin said he looked familiar and he said we live in the same town and I was friends with his sons in grade school. He said that his youngest son, at which point I said I was engaged and said she is my fiancé.

After I said I was engaged to a woman. He said "you got to be kidding", "I am a born again Christian and do not believe that is right. Its against Bible."

He asked if I believed in Jesus or the Bible and I said, "No, kinda hard to believe after getting kicked out of two churches". We went back and forth on the issue, after awhile my fiancé had enough and went outside to smoke. He asked if she ran away and I said no she's late for her break. He said "why did I choose this, am I not scare of burning in the lake of fire?".

He asked if" I was willing to take the risk and I said yea I am".
    This hurt. I have none this guy for 20 years. This was the last thing that I ever expected to happen. Everything I thought I knew about this family shattered.

This turned a bad day at work to a horrible day.

2. looking for me

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    dont worry about it. if heaven is full of bigots like him and hell wonderfull people like you, he needs better threats.

3. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Don't let him get you down. Besides, Hell is more fun anyways!

4. justin88

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    That was totally rude and uncalled for, don't let him get to you!

5. zgirl81

You're not going to hell because of your orientation. And that's coming from a religiously Conservative Christian.

Rawr! Boo Bigots! When someone tells me about the Lake of Fire I tend to respond with, "Mmmm, we'll all be toasty warm!" or when they say something about condemning people to hell I remind them that the Bible says to "Love your neighbor as yourself" and their attitude isn't very Christlike. It throws them off even if you don't believe in it yourself.

6. Posthuman666

Your not going to hell. Im sorry you had to deal with this jerk.

I always find the "lake of fire" to be interesting. A lake is water, ah whatever.

7. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    The bible also commands that if you find out your daughter is not a virgin on her wedding night you are to take her out to the church and have all the people stone her to death. It also says in the Bible if a child curses their parents they must be put to death.

8. Thirdtimecharm

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You cannot save people from their own ignorance. All that matters is that you are happy. Others opinions, especially those of close minded fools, are worthless. People can be so stupid....

On a happy note...

Congrats on your engagement! Hope you have an amazing life together!

9. SubZero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    He probably got that idea from this line in the bible:

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God" (1 Corinthians 6:9-11).

I find it funny that people will only focus on gay people and always believe that ONLY WE will forever burn in hell. They never mention the others who will supposedly burn in hell too. I never encounter people saying that others who are divorced and who are remarried will burn in hell (adultery), or the people who like to party and get drunk on the weekends (drunkards), or people who have premarital sex, which nearly EVERYONE does these days (sexually immoral). Nope, they ONLY focus on gay people and try to convince us and threaten us that WE will burn.

They're hypocrites, that's it. Don't let him bother you.

#9 SubZero, Sep 4, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2015
  10. Blue787Bunny

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Honestly I would have shot back saying somewhere along the lines of "amongst other things Sodom and Gomorrah burned because of arrogance and lack of compassion... So I guess I'll be seeing you in hell with me :icon_wink."

11. LogicNoSense

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    As a former Catholic, you don't need to bother with them. The bible has a lot of tabbos-who cares about being LGBT. In the bible, there are rules that contradict each other. Plenty of them, actually. Some of them are really...stupid. Really. You don't need to bother with them. No one is a saint, and no one can be a saint. That person will also burn in hell, but while he lives in agony of trying to live by the bible (murdering anything is considered a crime, so if you step on an ant, that's a crime. If you step on a flower, that's a crime.) you enjoy yourself with your fiancee and live in bliss.

12. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    "See you there."

13. unsureofmyself

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    "If we burn, you burn with us"
    :wink:

14. angeluscrzy

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It is those type of religious people that just have me soured on the whole idea of religion. They feel so self-righteous, and yet they forget fundamental teachings such as let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

15. phoenix89

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks everyone. I wouldn't have been so hurt if I didn't know him. I couldn't say anything because I was on the clock. I told my Dad about it and said j should j have said. O need to wait for him to get out of the way first