1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Little help with acceptance you guys please :)

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by confusedlost, Sep 5, 2015.

1. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I'm gay but I used to go from for sure bi for sure straight or for sure gay after a certain point I just started saying if I found "evidence" towards any attraction to women I'd just say "blah blah blah sounds like a homo in denial" and I kept up with this and still do from time to time. But the reason I did this was so I can at least get comfortable enough to talk to other people it's helped and my anxiety has dropped a great amount. I'm not happy nor comfortable with my sexuality but hey a least least my anxiety has gone from 100 to 65. Well now that I'm improving I'd like some advice to keep the ball rolling. Thanks :slight_smile:

---------- Post added 5th Sep 2015 at 05:21 PM ----------

I'm out to my entire family and friends no coworkers also don't real want to

2. levi2000

I'm glad you reduced your anxiety!

Instead of you just being in denial, it's possible that you could be abrosexual, meaning your sexuality is fluid and can change. For example, sometimes you're straight, other times your gay, and other times you're bisexual.

I hope I could help!

3. QBear

Hmmmm. If your feeling pretty firm in your decision, maybe the coming out forum would be a more helpful place for this post.

I'm glad your anxiety has reduced. :slight_smile: Good luck.

4. confusedlost

confusedlost Guest

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well I came out a year ago but the anxiety didn't go down to til about 2 months ago also I don't like thinking about a slight chance of being with a woman because then I get sad and by sad I mean really into the gutters. So if I do catch myself checking out a woman I dismiss it as hetoronormative training

5. QBear

Oh, honey! That sounds tough. Hug. (*hug*)

Yup. It's tough to face down heteronormativity. I'm glad your taking care of yourself.

#5 QBear, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015