1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bisexual but only dates girls...or lesbian?

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by metalchick, Sep 5, 2015.

1. metalchick

Sometimes I feel like I can be myself the most if I think of myself as bi, but will only date other girls. I fixate on celebrity guy crushes to the point where im infatuated in almost a romantic way or puppy love. ive never been sexually attracted to guys, cant even imagine kissing one. sometimes I call myself gay and it seems fine, but then I feel like im not "allowed" to love those celeb guy crushes the way I did, and that's just not me. maybe I love them cuz I want to be like them and maybe not with them, but they are still breath takingly gorgeous. I want to be myself, and love them the way I did. I avoid watching them on tv now, cuz im afraid of more confusion, but that's just not fun. ive even fallen in love with one of them in the past. but in REAL everyday life, I know I only can see myself being interested in girls. I only want to be in a realationship with girls, and sexually, and all that jazz...one day I want to marry a girl.

I mean most people ive opened up to seem to think im bi with a preference, 1 thinks that's gay if I only want girls

either way im fine with it, whether im gay or bi

I just hate this back and fourth stuff, with the passion

Im going through a major identity crisis, and I need some relief, so I can finally move forward and find peace :icon_sad:

2. Nightdream

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Same here, but I have the curiosity to know how it feels to do a sexual activity with men too. I decided to call myself homoflexible for now. Not sure if that's the right thing to do, but that's the best fitting label I found for my feelings.

3. xxCHAOTIC

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    I consider myself a lesbian and I'm similar. I'll look at guys occasionally, but I don't really want to do anything with them. Back when I was still deep in denial I had several boyfriends. None of them I particularly wanted to do more than be friends with and cuddle. My sexual curiosity with men is sated and I'm no longer interested in pursuing men. But then I find like, Tom Hiddleston and Cillian Murphy distractingly handsome. Would I kiss them? No. But I'll stare plenty.

Plenty of gay men I know of have "celebrity female crushed" but they're still gay men.

Question is, do you feel that same attraction towards men "in real life." Men you know versus popular culture icons. If you don't, maybe consider yourself a lesbian. If you still do, maybe you're bi.

Really the only person who can answer that is you.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Actually just because you date someone of the opposite sex doesn't mean you are straight, and if you date someone of the same sex doesn't mean you are totally gay. I am dating a guy because I am pretty much in love with him romantically, but I'm not sexually attracted to him, so I still identify as a lesbian sexually. Labels can complicate things.

And, celebrity crushes are natural. You can be gay as a rainbow and have a straight celebrity crush. If you see yourself getting married with a girl only, and you said you can't imagine kissing a guy, you want to date girls... you sound like a lesbian to me, crushes are fine, gender doesn't matter.

Just love who you love and be honest with people you are with.