1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do most girls think of bi guys / Where to find girls who like bisexual guys

Discussion in 'Sexual Orientation' started by Confuseddude, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Confuseddude

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I'm sure there are plenty of girls in the whole world who have a thing for bisexual guys but
    I can't help but think it would be a turn off for a lot of girls. I could imagine quite a few girls being uncomfortable with the idea.

There's someone out there for everyone and I'm sure that some girls specifically like bisexual guys but overall it must be a very small percentage. It's unlikely that anyone has an answer to this but has anyone got a good idea of where to meet these elusive girls :grin:

Don't get me wrong - I know I can just meet any girl and bring up the subject etc but as I said, it seems unlikely that many girls would see this as a positive so I'd be interested in any way to increase the chances of perspective girlfriends being open to the idea.

2. Cubster1980

Out Status:
    Some people
    I wonder that myself. I run around close to a 4 on the Kinsey Scale and trying to find the kind of girl I like is tough. I am like 60% men 40% women. I am also getting sick of some gay men trying to convince me I am completely gay when I am not. A completely gay man would not crave any type of woman sexually or get turned on by it.

3. Lyana

Yes, and that really is your best bet. I know it's not what you want to hear, but it's simply the truth: there just isn't a place where girls who are open to dating bi guys meet up every Friday evening for coffee (or if there is, I haven't been invited yet!).
    I imagine bisexual women could be more likely to be okay with a bi partner (so you could look into bisexual meetups in your area, for example), but even then, it's not guaranteed to be the case.
    I think the percentage isn't ridiculously tiny. Even if it was, gay men and women do have relationships, even though their "dating pool" is more restricted than a straight person's -- and so will you.

4. QBear

My solution is to try to date only other bisexual/queer women. They usually "get it" and are pretty supportive. I find I'm more comfortable dating other bisexual people.

For whatever reason, I seem to have pretty good gaydar for women. So for many years, I got to know women who seemed to set off my gaydar, and then determined whether or not they were interested in men or whether they were lesbians. This, of course, must be done very carefully and subtly, because you don't want to be that jerky guy hitting on lesbians. Because, if they are lesbians, then, of course, it's a no go, and we're just going to be friends. BUT, this approach led to lots of terrible frustration, falling for butch dykes, etc., although I did end up with many cool lesbian friends. The funny thing is that I didn't even realize that that was what I was doing for the longest time. It was pretty subconscious.

And then, I discovered internet dating. Where people tell you their orientation up front. Yay! So, now, I just message the bisexual women whose profiles interest me. And that's how I connected with my current sweetheart, who I'm really really over the moon about.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck!

5. gravechild

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm not sure I'd call it gaydar, in my case, but a lot of the women who turned my head were on the androgynous or butch side, and more often than not, lesbian. Traditional girly girls just didn't do it for me, and funny enough, turned out to be the ones with the most issue with bisexuality in a partner!

Yes, I think more straight women, even if supportive of LGBT rights, are either uncomfortable of it in a partner, or neutral. I'd rather a partner love me for who I am, including my sexuality, instead of seeing it as an issue/potential issue to tolerate.

There have been articles and polls on how many younger women are at least willing to give a bisexual man a try, so that's encouraging. Attitudes towards bisexuality are changing, but I still think I'd be more comfortable with a fellow queer partner.

I wouldn't tell you to write anyone off, though, but to adjust your expectations. Dating as a bisexual man is quite different than dating as a straight man, but expect reactions to run the gamut from hostility to curiosity to acceptance. Good luck!

6. QBear

As GraveChild says, acceptance of bisexual men is starting to increase among straight women, particularly progressive/feminist women.

Here are some links from the online media blogosphere that illustrate that show that women may be rethinking this to some extent:
    (Note, I don't agree with everything in these links, and some engage in stereotyping, but they still illustrate the dialogue that's going on among some women.)

Glamour Magazine: Would You Date a Bi Guy?

Cosmo: Would you date a bisexual guy?
    (Interestingly, in this informal "woman on the street" poll of the nine women, 3 responded with an unqualified yes, 3 answered with a qualified yes, and 3 answered no.)

Madame Noir: Serious Question: Would you Date an Openly Bisexual Man?

Girl Talk: I Always Date Bisexual Men

Blogher: So Would you Date a Bisexual Guy?

Personal Blog: So I'm dating this Bi Guy

So, take heart! There is hope!

#6 QBear, Sep 6, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2015